Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette
GardenInn.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

Prestige Inn(West Lafayette)
$56
Priceline
$99
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $112/night.

Economy Inn(Lafayette)
Courtyard Lafayette(Lafayette)
$109
$99
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

All reviewshot tuban older hotelfitness centernice sizeoutdoor poolbed was comfortableking suitebeccamart
Reviewed April 20, 2013

1) When the heat kicked on it sounded like a jet engine, I woke up every single time it kicked on, unreal!!!! I'm now on little sleep if any.
2) Telling me the WiFi is slow because a lot of people are using the internet is lame, the whole Purdue campus is WiFi and no one has a problem. Perhaps it's the router, duh, but it's free so what the heck.
3) No exhaust fan in the bathroom? Really?
4) The shower gel and shampoo dispensers in the shower are the same, yuck.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Karen M, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear hockeygolfer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. We’re sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. We have forwarded your feedback to our team so they may take action on fixing some of the items you mentioned. As for Internet access, thanks for letting us know that it was not running as fast as you would like. We will look into options to increase bandwidth as it is our goal to provide our guests with great service and comfortable stays. Thanks again for sharing and we hope you will give us another chance to host you when you’re traveling to the area.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have stayed at this property twice. The first time in September 2012 and again in April 2013.

The September visit was a room with a Suite and King size bed. There were two rooms, one sitting area with TV fridge and microwave and another room with the bed and bathroom. The bed was very comfortable but the shower tile and the toilet handle were in need of significant repair.

In April, we stayed here because there was a function at the hotel on Saturday. The room we had faced the indoor pool area. Due to multiple special events that weekend, all hotels had a prepay policy when making a reservation.

I should have asked for a room not facing the indoor pool and game area. It was very loud from 0830 am until 1100 pm. To make matters worse, the heating and air conditioning unit was so loud with a screeching and clunking sound, it woke me up every time it cycled on and off. The front desk was not able to accommodate a room change because they were sold out. The cost was also the highest I have ever paid for a room at a Four Points. Essentially, the prepaid rate was as much as I would usually pay ($239 per night) to stay at the full service Sheraton, not the Starwood lower end Four Points property.

Given the cost, noise and the condition of the air/heating unit, I will look for other options for a hotel room, even though less convenient to Purdue.

On a positive note, the food and banquet service for our event was very good. I would recommend having an event there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Ann N,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re sorry your stay did not meet your expectations and was not as comfortable as you had hoped. We apologize for any inconvenience you had with issues to your room. We have forwarded your comments to our Engineering team so that they may take a look at the issues you experienced. Thank you again for sharing and we hope you’ll give us another chance to host you in the future. Please feel free to reach out to us in advance to request a room not facing the pool and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Please note I have given the facility an average rating and also note I would stay there again, but how this ever got a Sherton Four Points status is beyond me. I am not very familar with the area or it's history, but the design of the hotel looks just like the Holiday Inn facilities that included a "Holidome" from the early 1980's. The room was clean and comfortable, and the bath was clean, but the tile floor was very dated.

The front desk staff was courteous and check in and out was fine. I used the fitness center and all was fine except the televisions did not work.

Buffet breakfast was good. I don't know what it cost as it was included with my conference.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed overnight to visit my son at Purdue. Danielle at the front desk was very nice and knowledgeable making the check-in process quick and easy.

The housekeeping department could use a little help. I found a sock in our room that did not belong to any of us and the bathroom floors around the baseboards really should be cleaned.

Overall a very nice family place to stay and play.

Room Tip: The rooms around the atrium area are very noisy especially in the morning when you are trying to sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We most recently stayed here while visiting our son in college. The room was spacious and clean. There is a pool, hot tub, and workout room if you're so inclined. The breakfast bar was fresh and the food was delish! You can park easily, (which can be challenging at Purdue!), and it's just a few minutes from campus. It's close to a gigantic Walmart and Applebee's as well. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms surrounding the atrium are noisier, but if you're planning to use the pool, they are convenient. I like the 2nd floor suites. They are larger and quiet. This hotel allows small dogs as long as they are in a cage when you're not in the room with them. It doesn't work for me since my dog weighs 100 lbs, but very convenient for those traveling with a little fido.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family