WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Campus Inn

Campus Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in West Lafayette
Almaty, Kazakhstan
“Location and value - that's all you need”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you are searching for low prices and not far from campus - Campus Inn is good choice. And especially if you are in West Lafayette for first time, as we were. The hotel staff was friendly, always willing to help and provided us with a map and all the necessary information. Campus, restaurants, shops, even movie theater - all is near this hotel. It was our first visit to USA, and this hotel did not spoil our impression from visiting West Lafayette and Purdue University.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boring, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I can't believe it, but we've stayed here 3 times--always hoping things will improve. Not! It continues to be a marginal, untidy, uncomfortable, unmaintained property. This time, we arrived to find soap left open after someone else had used it! The (male) host (I use the term advisably) was rude. Okay, 3 strikes and you're out. We'll find another place.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GalGavel

Travelers are raving about these West Lafayette hotels

Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE-- TRY ANYWHERE ELSE.

This place is a living nightmare. I tried to stay here homecoming weekend because the Union was booked-- they were charging $129 a night. Me and my one friend were planning on staying, but our other friend was dropping us off. When we were checking in, the (EVIL, TERRIBLE, SCARY) check in guy tried to intimidate me by saying "How many people are in your car?" And I said "We only have two people staying here" and he goes 'REALLY because your car is FULL of people." I assured him we only had two staying. Then we get out to our completely disgusting room, (dirty & small, bed a half inch from the ground) and our friend is helping us unload. This guy calls our room and starts yelling "I need to see you at the front desk-- because i just do". I ask why. He said just to come up there. I go to the front desk, thinking if i could just explain to this guy what's going on, he would know we only had two people staying. Long story short he just keeps screaming and telling me that I was a liar and that we were going to have four people stay there (there were only 3 of us, so that i was even more ridiculous). AND he told us if we have a single person past 10:30 he would terminate our stay and make us pay full price.
129 a NIGHT for this gross room and the guy was terrifying! What hotel won't allow other people in the room even for a brief period? I am a 24 year old girl with a 9-5 job trying to visit my alma matter and he is screaming at me and treating me like a criminal. I tried to explain we didn't have a problem with the rule but he was singling us out. Finally he lost control and literally CHASED us out of the main building. Luckily (reluctantly and so rudely) he allowed me to get my money back. I think at this point he was afraid I would call the police. Thankfully the union had a last minute room open. So much nicer and guess what-- they let us have people in the room like a halfway decent hotel would. I plan on calling Purdue and asking them to try and force this place out of business. What a terrible, terrible place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sarah C
Ken Caryl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

The Campus Inn is older & looks a bit shabby on the outside but it is clean & comfortable inside. It has been well maintained. Style-wise, it is like many other older hotel you might visit around the country.
Given it's great location relative to the university & it's low cost, it's really a good value. If you just need a place to crash when visiting Purdue, I would definitely recommend it. It you are a value-conscious traveler, I would absolutely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Long Grove, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Campus Inn is a good value at a great location near Purdue. Being able to walk to campus and local restaurants is huge. The rooms are clean and well maintained. After years of staying here I can say that management has always been responsive and willing to work with my schedule changes, The value and location keep us coming back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been using this hotel for over 5 years on a regular basis. My room is basic, but always clean. The staff is consistant and courteous. The gentlemen that manages this property is very accomodating and has helped me out with on campus lodging on may occassions. You cannot beat the loacation The only better location is The Union, but requires planning one year in advance and is much more expensive.

Location, Location, Location.....

Room Tip: Get to know the manager, he will take care of you.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Las Cruces
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I just checked out of this hotel. I had been staying there for the past two weeks and noticed that I was repeatedly getting bites on my back and shoulders. I decided to check the bed for bugs, found some, and reported it to the manager. He denied that the bugs I found in the bed were bud bugs and said that they were just "beetles". Why the hell are there bugs in my bed anyway! His denial makes me believe that he has no intention of trying to rid the room of bud bugs. Multiple doses of benadryl and my skin is still itching like crazy! Stay clear of this hotel or at least room 215.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Prestige Inn
#5 of 6 in West Lafayette
Four Points by Sheraton West Lafayette
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lafayette

Been to Campus Inn? Share your experiences!