“A favorite spot”

Nine Irish Brothers
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions
Description: Nine Irish Brothers is an award-winning traditional Irish pub--recently named the Best Irish Pub in the State of Indiana by Yelp and Buzzfeed--with two convenient locations in Greater Lafayette, Indiana, and a third location in the heart of Massachusetts Avenue in Indianapolis. Our family-owned-and-operated restaurant serves premium Irish food and spirits and has a full bar and menu, with items ranging from salads to steak to Irish favorites such as Guinness Stew, Shepherd's Pie, and Fish & Chips. Well-behaved patrons of all ages are welcome from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., unless circumstances prohibit minors (e.g. large, rowdy bands). Nine Irish Brothers is proud to be smoke-free. We also feature live Irish entertainment on most weekend nights. We take reservations for parties of six or more people.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

There are two locations, one in West Lafayette and one in Lafayette. Love the menu items, the eclectic beers: local, standard domestic, and Irish. Wonderful food, and decor looks just like pubs visited in Ireland with friendly , energetic, and capable staff. A favorite place to meet friends.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

I really enjoy this restaurant and spend the little money I have to eat out here. I have not had one thing that I haven't liked here and I really enjoy nights when they have live music. The only complaint that I have is that it can be a little noisy, which I realized when I took family there and we could hardly hear one another. Other than that, one of my favorite restaurants in the area.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We walked here from our hotel and sat at the bar as we like to do. Enjoyed some good Irish pints with excellent advice from the personable bartenders. Donny and Richard were great. My husband loved his corned beef and cabbage. I had the chicken colcoran which I had read about. Chicken and sides were good but WAY too drowned in cream sauce for me. A sweet server from Sauk Center, MN (can't recall her name now) was so nice and chatted with us and gave us advice on what to see while in town. Loved the friendly atmosphere, beer and bar staff. We hear it gets very busy at times but we were lucky. Visited with Jerry, one of the owners, and were hoping he would buy us a drink or share a Jamo shot... But no such luck. :)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

The outdoor area is pretty neat. However, the inside is nothing special. The food selection is good and the food is pretty decent. We did have a large group and a lot of the food was lukewarm. I probably would not return.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Was in the area for a weekend wedding. We visited this place 2 days in a row. On the Friday night, there was good entertainment and the following afternoon we had a great time with apps and drinks. The food is very tasty and the place has a nice atmosphere. Recommend it - worth a stop.