“Great foods, not so friendly to Asians” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nine Irish Brothers

Nine Irish Brothers
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nine Irish Brothers is an award-winning traditional Irish pub--recently named the Best Irish Pub in the State of Indiana by Yelp and Buzzfeed--with two convenient locations in Greater Lafayette, Indiana, and a third location in the heart of Massachusetts Avenue in Indianapolis. Our family-owned-and-operated restaurant serves premium Irish food and spirits and has a full bar and menu, with items ranging from salads to steak to Irish favorites such as Guinness Stew, Shepherd's Pie, and Fish & Chips. Well-behaved patrons of all ages are welcome from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., unless circumstances prohibit minors (e.g. large, rowdy bands). Nine Irish Brothers is proud to be smoke-free. We also feature live Irish entertainment on most weekend nights. We take reservations for parties of six or more people.
lafayette
“Great foods, not so friendly to Asians”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is very popular among people living in West lafayette, IN.
As I know there's two branches of it one in West lafayette and the other in Lafayette. I've visited only the one in West lafayette restaurant two times. Fish and chips were awesome was about 14 usd or so and good one big piece of fried fish and good amount of french fries to share with my friend. However the waiters weren't taking care of us much except when we check out our bill. But they looked very kind to other guests who were white americans. I didn't mind it that time because the place was busy and meybe I was too sensitive. After about a month, I visited this place with my 'white American' female friend again and thoes waitrs were so friendly and caring only for her.
foods and beer were great but not my favorite because I don't want spend my money on those waiters.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
Arnold, Maryland
“Great Atmosphere, Live Music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

This place is great for a real taste of Irish culture, drinks, music, etc. The only thing strange was the waiters in kilts. Otherwise, a pint of Magners, live music, and a Friday night are a great place to hangout in the evening.

West Lafayette, Indiana
“Great Irish Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

We only live a few minutes away from the restaurant, and it is one of our favorite places to eat. The decor and atmosphere is definitely Irish pub, and the food and service are excellent. My favorite lunches are the half-order Guinness Stew and the half-order Shepherd's Pie. My favorite sandwich is the Molly Malloy (toasted turkey sandwich with cole slaw topping). My wife likes the Salmon dinner and the Chicken Salad Salad. Our friends like the Fish and Chips and the Pork Tenderloin sandwich. Parking for the Pub is out front, along the side, and across the street. And yes, owner Jerry is the youngest of fourteen children, nine brothers and five sisters.

West Lafayette, Indiana
“Nice atmosphere.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

I went here for a dinner with my fiancé. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgable, and the staff as a whole seemed very friendly as well. The music was also great and made the place seem even more fun and lively (as certain Irish music will often do).

One thing I have to say about the menu is that there aren't very many fresh or healthy choices - which is to be expected when going to an Irish pub restaurant - but I was still hoping to find something that was affordable and somewhat healthy.

I ended up ordering the Connemara Chicken. The chicken itself was good. The sauce was very heavy for me and tasted heavy on the salt (but still somehow managed to be bland). It was still edible but I wish it would have had more complexity to the flavor. The vegetables that came with the chicken were cooked great and tasted great.

My fiancé ordered the Shepard's Pie. I tried a few bites, and it was OK. I wouldn't order it for myself in the future.

For an appetizer, we had ordered the Pub Chips. These were pretty good, and so was the Shamrock Sauce that came with them.

The soda bread (I think it is called) was AWESOME. This was probably one of the best breads I have ever tasted in my life. Really - get an extra order of this bread because you will want to take some home with you!

So, overall, it was a nice dinner. Great, friendly staff, hit-and-miss food, and decent prices. Go here if you want to go somewhere with a good atmosphere and where you can just have fun.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brazil, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Once you go Irish, you never go back. If you want a true Irish feel then head to Nine Irish Brothers. This place is a great joint to grab a drink with friends. It can get loud, not rowdy loud rather drunk having a great time loud. Will be a great place for Notre Dame Football fans when they play Purdue next week.