“I'm used to NY food”

Nine Irish Brothers
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Description: Nine Irish Brothers is an award-winning traditional Irish pub--recently named the Best Irish Pub in the State of Indiana by Yelp and Buzzfeed--with two convenient locations in Greater Lafayette, Indiana, and a third location in the heart of Massachusetts Avenue in Indianapolis. Our family-owned-and-operated restaurant serves premium Irish food and spirits and has a full bar and menu, with items ranging from salads to steak to Irish favorites such as Guinness Stew, Shepherd's Pie, and Fish & Chips. Well-behaved patrons of all ages are welcome from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., unless circumstances prohibit minors (e.g. large, rowdy bands). Nine Irish Brothers is proud to be smoke-free. We also feature live Irish entertainment on most weekend nights. We take reservations for parties of six or more people.
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is a good, typical Irish pub style restaurant offering wings, burgers and salads, a friendly staff and ample seating which is actually arranged pleasantly with little nooks and crannies so you don't feel like you're on top of other diners. And it has a full bar. Enough said.

1  Thank MrsfromNYC

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We have visited this establishment several times while visiting our daughter at Purdue. The beer selection is quite good. The food is terrific and the portions plentiful. A half-order of fish and chips is plenty for me. The Guinness Stew is very tasty. The atmosphere is great, always lots of people having a good time. The back patio is pleasant in the afternoon and evening, they have heaters for cool evenings. It is walking distance from the Hilton Garden Inn. We will definitely be back during future visits.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our daughter is finishing our third year at Purdue and we finally made it through door of this restaurant. There are several eateries that are icons at Purdue and this happens to be one. We dined here the eve of Spring break week and had an early dinner before heading out. Like any good Irish restaurant the beer selection is broad with a large selection of brisket and corned beef etc. Everyone at our table enjoyed their meal and commented on how tasty it was. The only complaint I had is the portion size of the sandwiches. I thought the sandwiches where on the skimpy side considering the $10 price. There was not a scrap left on the table which is unusual for my group. Just an observation. We will try it again for sure.

2  Thank Wausau_WIWapper
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were visiting Purdue and wanted to grab sit down lunch at a local place. Had never seen this place before. We had a great lunch with great service. I enjoyed the fish and chips and my wife enjoyed the shepard's pie.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Probably been there 20 times over the last four years. Things have not changed much, what was good remains good. My personal favorites are the fish and chips(half order is enough for me), corn beef and cabbage, and at the top of list is menu item listed as corn chowder! Wow excellent stuff. Sitting can be a problem, the benches and stools are comfy for long slow dinners, try to get a table with chairs. Also, if you are getting the corn beef, ask for the dark mustard, not the stuff they typically serve. Avoid the hamburgers, my experience has overcooked and nothing special.