“Great place!!”

Nine Irish Brothers
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nine Irish Brothers is an award-winning traditional Irish pub--recently named the Best Irish Pub in the State of Indiana by Yelp and Buzzfeed--with two convenient locations in Greater Lafayette, Indiana, and a third location in the heart of Massachusetts Avenue in Indianapolis. Our family-owned-and-operated restaurant serves premium Irish food and spirits and has a full bar and menu, with items ranging from salads to steak to Irish favorites such as Guinness Stew, Shepherd's Pie, and Fish & Chips. Well-behaved patrons of all ages are welcome from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., unless circumstances prohibit minors (e.g. large, rowdy bands). Nine Irish Brothers is proud to be smoke-free. We also feature live Irish entertainment on most weekend nights. We take reservations for parties of six or more people.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great atmosphere, great service and great food. The pot of gold appetizers were awesome! Will go again!

1  Thank karadaisy8

Reviewed September 22, 2012

My last trip to Nine Irish Brothers was about the fourth time I have been there. We had a party of 4 for lunch on a weekday. I always like the authentic pub decor and atmosphere, and this visit was no different. We arrived a little late in the lunch hour and by the time we finished shortly after 1:00, the restaurant was deserted except for the staff and the owner. Lunch time in West Lafayette is strictly over by one o-clock! But I digress. I have previously ordered either the Irish Stew or the Shepherd's Pie. They are both delish, even though they taste pretty much the same! This time I decided on the batter fried fish. I was able to order a salad with oil and vinegar instead of the usual potato side. The fish was crusty, crunchy and outstanding. I do not normally eat fried food, but I have heard so much about the 9-Irish fish that I just had to try it. I will probably order it some day when I visit again, it was that good.

I have to mention that the waiter that served our table was very friendly and approachable. His name is Ross, and he was able to devote some time to chatting at our table, since the crowd was down. I am the one who always likes to talk to random people, and Ross took a genuine interest. He was prompt and courteous, as well as amiable. Our visit was very satisfactory, with the food, service, and atmosphere all receiving high marks.

After I got home I remembered that I had missed the awesome Irish Soda Bread. I think it was supposed to come with the meal but I forgot about it until later. Maybe they only serve it if you ask for it. Next time, I won't forget. I have had the soda bread before, and that's one of the things that puts Nine Irish Brothers a cut above most of the other locally-owned eateries in the Lafayette-West Lafayette area.

2  Thank Paula J
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've been to the West Side 9IB for personal occasions, but I recently hosted my company here for a staff luncheon. We ordered a buffet lucnheon to be set in the "party room." Overall, the service was great - a little slow bringing out the food, but all in all a good time. Colleagues enjoyed themselves too. I recommend 9IB for fun and also for business!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have been here a few times and never been disappointed. Pub fare, tasty, nice portions, great selection of beers and ales. ate here twice the same day because my wife and kids liked it.

1  Thank NYTex
Reviewed August 12, 2012

What a fun atmosphere and great place to hang out with friends. The staff is super friendly and adds to the experience. The food is great (fish sandwich is huge - easily something that could be split by two people). Very yummy beer, especially a fan of the snakebite.
Parking gets packed easily, but there is overflow right across the street so no need to panic.

1  Thank amylister