“just okay”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 11, 2011

The food is okay. It seems overpriced. It would be nice if they had a special that was not based on quantity. I can't eat more than one calzone.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Awesome ranch ( I asked, they make it). I had the Chicken cordon blow. Great value on the portions. Cooled perfectly, served hot and tasty. My son got their Mac and cheeze bites. He loves them. The best about this place is the awesome blended tastes.

Reviewed April 30, 2011

I ordered Von's Dough Shack for the first time today. First of all, they quoted me 35 minutes. It took about 50 minutes. I opened it and it was completely burnt! It was so burnt it smelled up my apartment. I called right away and the girl who answered the phone was very nice, but I was not impressed with the manager. All he could say was 'sorry'. I didn't get any money back on my $11 order! It tasted awful, was soggy, and soooo greasy! Learn how to manage! This HTM soon-to-be-grad will never order from there again!

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Tried Von's dough shack for the first time today..and was really not pleased. I got the Italian and the calzone was really soggy, when it shouldn't have been. The textures just weren't right and it became inedible; it didn't even taste good on top of that. I also got their classic lovesticks ($4), which weren't very lovable. They were all burnt on the bottom and had no taste, and only two were a "stick", there rest were small and looked like leftovers. Overall, I will never go there again.

Reviewed June 2, 2010

Went to the Shack today and found all sorts of changes in progress and asked an employee who delivered the good news: NEW OWNERS!!! They assured me the tasty Calzones would remain but the menu is expanding in a big way too. I had the Rocky Mt High (personal favorite and a classic) and loved every spicy bite, as usual. Can't wait to see what they do with the place - its already better and its just getting started. Will keep checking back...