“Pick your room carefully!!”
Review of Union Club Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Lafayette
Union Club Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in West Lafayette
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel during the STAR program. Our first night was in a standard room on the fourth floor. We absolutely loved this room. The beds were very comfortable and it was totally quiet. We decided to stay a second night but had to move to an "upgraded" room on the first floor. I am quite sure that if we had stayed in this room the first night, we would not have stayed the second night. This room was very uncomfortable. It was extremely noisy and the bed was not pleasant. The front desk people are very nice and the location can't be beat. However, when you book, make sure you are on the upper levels.

Room Tip: 4th floor is fabulous!! Ground floor is too loud!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank scarlettscar
There are newer reviews for Union Club Hotel

Reviewed July 8, 2013

This morning was our first and brushing teeth was nasty- it was the water- it has a bad taste. When we asked the front desk about it we were told the maintenance men were working on it. Later that afternoon the water tasted different- not yet good. Two housekeepers came and said it does have a bad taste. At 6:00 pm tonight I went back to the lobby to ask if there was any progress on the water situation and this hostess did not know anything- she said I could buy water. She offered for us to move rooms and found some options. I walked with an employee and tasted the water- still is strange (the employee agreed). The Union's water tastes fine- they have a different water softener. I don't want to change hotel rooms- we are here for the week- but would have appreciated if the staff offered to buy a gallon of water. I suggested that and the hostess said they can't do that.
Off to the store to get a gallon of water.
July 8, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have been staying at the Union Club at least annually for about ten years. I really like the location right on campus adjacent to the student union and its food court. Another review didn't like the ramp parking across the street, but I really appreciate having free covered in-and-out parking available, not having to worry about my car parked outside if the weather turns stormy. There is short term parking immediately outside the front door for unloading luggage, etc.

The best thing I can say about the Union Club is that it is consistent. The rooms are always clean, if basic. The little shampoos are the same every year. There are always red and yellow apples at the desk. The wi-fi password is always a hassle. The exercise room has half a dozen machines, no pool. Union access is super easy with a shared elevator.

The front desk staff are always efficient but never really chat with guests or go out of their way to help improve your stay. It seems like they are pretty constrained to a "that's not my job" attitude about hospitality. (Once, years ago, I arrived late in the evening by myself with a preschooler and a baby ... No one offered to help with my suitcase or anything... Not fun trying to push a stroller and a luggage cart at the same time.)

That said, I always know what to expect at the Union Club and feel very comfortable visiting. I'll be back again!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bookmom17
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while registering my son for Purdue. Just beware that a double deluxe is truly double beds. It was fine for us but would have been a problem with more family members. Overall, it's a beautiful property & a pleasure to stay on campus without having to stay in a dorm!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 25, 2013

For access to the Purdue campus you cannot beat it. It is very clean, and the rooms are so well insulated that you get a great night's sleep. But the rooms are tiny and the place is a maze. I found the staff to be welcoming and efficient.

Room Tip: I hope you get a room with a view and anything besides the first floor would be quietier.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We loved staying at the Union club, easy to get to, close to everything and parking structure right across the street. The rooms are small but very clean and the staff was helpful and friendly. We found the hotel quiet and very accommodating, the price is good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hjensen90
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had our daughters wedding at the Purdue Union Hall ballroom. We blocked out rooms for many family members to stay. For an older hotel it has been well kept up. The standard rooms can be a little cramped, but the deluxe double was more spacious with an extra sink if you have more than one person in the room. It even had a small refrigerator for us to keep some items. With over 10 rooms occupied by family and friends, no one complained that there rooms were dirty or unkept as a previous review. Maybe they cleaned up their act because we were all very happy with the stay.

Room Tip: Stay away from high traffic rooms near doors that slam and elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
#3 of 23 in Lafayette
Prestige Inn
Prestige Inn
#6 of 7 in West Lafayette

Been to Union Club Hotel? Share your experiences!