“World class sushi artistry, trapped in a strip mall, REALLY!!”
Review of Heisei Restaurant

Heisei Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 134 Restaurants in West Lafayette
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I have had maki and nigiri-sushi all over the US and in Europe, to be honest, chef Jose's sushi at HeiSei was at the top! I am anxious to try the "make-your-own-soup" dinner. If only I had found sushi-sublime sooner as I have nearly finished grad school at Purdue! Try it; I doubt that you will be disappointed. I'll have a hard time avoiding on return trips to campus :). Seating capacity is low, plan ahead or go early if you bring a group >6-8.

There are newer reviews for Heisei Restaurant

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The Heisei has great sushi at a reasonable price. We have had many of the different rolls and have not been displeased with any of them. I have tried other high priced sushi in Great Lafayette and Heisei is the best. The downfall to this restaurant is it's in a strip mall and the seating areas are too small to handle the large crowds on Friday and Saturday nights (it's crowded because it's good!). Calling head for take-out is a good idea if you dont' want to wait.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

I wish I could eat at Heisei all the time. Sadly, I can only afford it when the parents are paying!

Reviewed January 15, 2010

I have eating at Heisei a few times, and the service is my biggest problem. I have waited 20 minutes before being waited on (during a non-busy time) and often have to ask for another waiter to bring my check.

The food is ok, pretty expensive, and nothing truly unique. Stopped going here now, I prefer Maru

Reviewed January 19, 2009