“Serviceable Motel”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in West Lafayette
buffalo, ny
“Serviceable Motel”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Notice I said "motel" not hotel. If you want a real hotel experience in West Lafayette, this is not the place. Try the University Plaza (room not much better) or for upscale (we're talking West Lafayette) near Purdue, try the Holiday Inn Select or Hilton Garden Inn. But if you want a reasonable place to flop at a good location to Purdue, this is fine. It is bare bones (no hair dryer or shampoo), but the room I was in was freshly painted, bathroom tiles all in place, carpet was clean and bed sheets were fresh. Bed was slightly on the soft side. It does have a coffeemaker and all the cable stations you could ask for along with free HBO. Room air conditioner worked fine. It is in a great location to Purdue and on a street with all the usual fast food places and drugstores. I did not experience any of the horror stories elsewhere. Just manage your expectations for what you are paying.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
san antonio
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We found that the rooms had new carpet, new doors,and new bedding. The only thing odd, was that they kept the old sink and light switch plates. We found it a good value and would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank ajcobb
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2011

Our son attends Purdue University and my wife and I have been visiting him for the past four years. After the first year of paying very high prices for a hotel room, someone recommended the Prestige Inn as a more reasonable alternative. We inspected the rooms on one of our visits and were very pleased. We have been staying there for 4 to 6 times a year since. There is nothing fancy, but we have found the rooms to be clean .The prices are the best that we have found in West Lafayette. The location is very close to Purdue University. On our last visit it appeared that many of the rooms were being renovated. If you are going to be in West Lafayette, go by and see a room. That way you can always request that room on future visits. Non smoking rooms are available.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank purdue24
West Lafayette, IN
Reviewed June 23, 2009

My parents and other relatives came to visit us at West Lafayette twice. They stayed at Prestige Inn motel every time. They were really happy about this motel.
The owner, an Indian family are really nice. It is clean, the rooms are simple but quiet and beds are comfortables.
The breakfast is not the best ever but it is OK. The motel is close to restaurants were you can go to have a full breakfast.
The only bad thing is about reservations. Each time I went to the motel an complete the reservation form with my credit card number, name, address and so one. And each time, when my family arrived they didn't have the form and they didn't book the rooms. The good thing is that the motel is never full so my family always had a bed to sleep in. :-)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank indymarywl
Michigan
Reviewed August 30, 2008

We booked this hotel through orbitz, not realizing what we were getting into. Travelers beware!!! The hotel was dirty, smelly and finally when we slept after a long tiring day, we woke up with something as scary as we had never experienced before! The bed was full of bed-bugs and they were biting us all over!!!! Never had such an awful experience before in our life. When we told the manager/owner about this, he became temparamental instead of understanding! Infact, he was terribly rude and inconsiderate. Please save yourself and your money, NEVER go in this hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank MichiganJojo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 22, 2006

I stayed at the Prestige during a football weekend. It was exactly what I expected from a motel. It was immaculately clean, simple furnishings, and the owners were great. They are very helpful if you have questions about the area.

I didn't expect fabulosity when the price is so much lower than the chains nearby. If you need a warm, clean bed (mine was fine) and clean bathroom, this is a good place. When I'm enjoying Purdue, I'm not lounging in my room. My room was scrubbed clean again on the second day I stayed.

The previous reviewer should remember, you get what you pay for. If you wanted an above average room, you pay above average prices. This is basic but would definitely stay again.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Disliked — Not fancy
  • Tips/Secrets — Decent family motel!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank Paseando
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 19, 2005

My wife and I took our kid to a clinic at Purdue in jan 2005, we found this resonnably priced room on line and booked it, figured it was a small room, once we arrived we found why no pictures were available. not juding a book by its cover and having only a one nigt stay we checked in, we then found the room smelled of middle eastern cooking and smoke in our non smoking room. everything was very old and worn to include the beds the bathroom was small and mildewed. we will spend the extra on our next trip to purdue to get a nicer room

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#3 of 23 in Lafayette
Hampton Inn & Suites West Lafayette
Baymont Inn & Suites Lafayette
Holiday Inn Lafayette - City Centre

Been to Prestige Inn? Share your experiences!