“Casual dining option for wraps, salads, and more”

Camille's Sidewalk Cafe
Ranked #72 of 132 Restaurants in West Lafayette
Cuisines: American
West Lafayette
“Casual dining option for wraps, salads, and more”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We ate here for the first time on a Saturday at 6. It was never crowded while we were there; one family, then three other couples. It has a pleasant, trendy feel, with high ceilings and lively colors. There’s free Wi-Fi and some lounge chairs in a cozy nook in addition to the booths, tables and chairs. A large window looks out on IU Health Center and a few cafe tables and chairs on a small patio. We ordered at the counter and our order was called about 10 minutes later. My Mexican Daredevil wrap was spicy (but not overwhelming), served with a large side salad ($7). My wife’s Napa Valley Chicken panini ($7.50) was a larger portion but served only with tortilla chips. All in all, a satisfying, but not outstanding meal. Bonus, Silver Dipper ice cream is located just across the parking lot!

• Visited August 2014

• Korean first
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
“Fresh food, average experience”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have visited this cafe a couple of times, and every time I walk away saying "that was okay." Its a little pricey for the portion size you get, although the sandwiches and salads taste fresh enough. The atmosphere is cute, and the workers are so-so friendly. Overall, not great, but not terrible.

• Visited May 2013
West Lafayette, IN
“Smell the overcooked cooking oil as you walk in”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'm not a fan. Anytime that friends suggest this place I try to steer them away even though it is very conveniently located for me. It smells of overly cooked cooking oil when you walk in. Yuck! Might be ok as a grab-n-go place if you got something that wasn't cooked in that oil, but personally I'd skip it.

• Visited June 2013
West Lafayette, Indiana
“You don't have to eat on the sidewalk, really.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Not crazy about the food choices here. The line takes a good while to get up to the order stop, because there are so many choices on the boards overhead. I have not been wowed, but everyone else is. I just learned that this is a franchise or chain. Not sure what hours and days it is open. I feel like I am bothering them by coming in there.

1 Thank Sandra W
“Decent food”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

It is kind of expensive for what you get and just average food. There isn't anything special about this place, but I like that they have multiple wraps.

Visited November 2011