“AWESOME 5*****!”

West Baden Springs Hotel
Centralia, Illinois
“AWESOME 5*****!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Big, Beautiful, Unique, Highest-Quality Hotel. Completely Renovated To It's Original Grandeur, Bountiful Activities, Great Food, Gorgeous Accomodations, Friendly, Enthusiastic, Accomodating, & Professional Staff.

Room Tip: Interior Balcony Room Overlooking Indoor Atrium
2 Thank Adventur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Korean first
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Fantastic and so relaxing. Prepare to be treated like royalty.
I felt as if I had stepped back in time where elegancy was the norm and service was still alive and well.
If your planning a trip to this area I would highly suggest West Baden Springs for a very relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere.
Even if your a Casino goer there is a shuttle that runs every 15 minutes or so and the casino very close.
From the Valet to the Housekeeping everyone is fantastic.

Travel Tip: I googled West Baden Packages and found one for me, the VISA rewards package which gave me 10% discount and free breakfast vouchers for up to 30 dollars per pay.
If you have the breakfast at West Baden I also highly recommend the eggs benedict and the pancakes!

3 Thank wockhunter
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Going away turned out to be a fantastic decision. We stayed at the nicer West Baden hotel than I was at last time. The room was glorious, 6th floor w/a balcony that opened out to the Atrium.

We had massages and soaked in the Pluto bath. Ate all our meals room service since we arrived late the 1st night, the 2nd night we sat at the bar, same friendly bartender as last time. my husband tried 'Tastetinis,' the girl. I tried a bunch of different brandies Dr. Watson might have given people.

We were going to eat at the fancy restaurant but didn't feel like getting dressed up. The bartender said the bar's food was good, we decided to order up to the 6th floor. There was an, um,workmanlike piano player, that somehow made it even more fun as we tried to guess the song he was playing, and the atrium ceiling does a subtle light show, SO PRETTY!!! We piled all our pillows and cushions on the balcony, 3 pipe problem style and ate, lying down.

It was a wonderful time, people watching, laughing, reading out loud to each other.

We went to the casino w/$171 of our found money. Left w/$250 (Counting the original, only won $79??) and spent it all in the awesome gift shop.

We bought a Victorian paperweight postcard of the place, 1913 editions of 'Does And Don'ts For Husbands' and 'Does and Don'ts For Wives,' a book on the Spanish Influenza, wooden rulers w/"Rulers Of Female Singers' and 'Rulers Of Female Writers", a smile/frown Mardi Gras mask, a pair of earrings, brown German kraftpaper stationary, a big history book of the hotel, music boxes that played Fur Elise and La Vie En Rose and horrid Victorian candy my husband likes.

The trip was relaxing and too short.

Room Tip: Atrium balconies on 4th and 6th floor are quiet and worth the view!
Zionsville, Indiana
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Upon booking, you are informed that a safety deposit of $150 will be taken out of your account, in addition to the amount of your room; however, they fail to tell you that they actually hold the total amount of your room (so in my case, they held $265, not $150, without my knowledge or consent). Then, when I inquire multiple times about the additional $100+ being held from my account, I received a very vague, almost confused, explanation as to why I was not informed. To top things off, they failed to drop this charge from my account, so I ended up being charged double for a one night stay. Complete incompetence. Sure, it is a beautiful hotel, but, considering the service and the treatment of my concerns, I will not be returning to this hotel under any circumstances.

1 Thank Kayla P
Ken V, Guest Relations Manager at West Baden Springs Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Please accept my apology for any misunderstanding regarding our deposit procedure. I appreciate your feedback and will use it to try to find ways to better explain the procedure in the future. If I can be of any further assistance please feel free to email me at kveron@frenchlick.com or call me directly at 812-936-5514.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

restaurant was outstanding(food and service)!! check in process was way below expectations(not very helpful) everything else was great!! Spa,pool,workout area's were great-easy access to skiing! would come back again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy G
Findlay, Ohio
Reviewed March 10, 2014

A historic hotel, recently renovated with the finest modern amenities, the West Baden Springs Hotel made for a most-pleasurable stay. The hotel offers spa services, 2 swimming pools, several restaurants and a lounge, as well as several shops and guided history tours of the hotel. The hotel is just down the road from the French Lick Casino as well.

We stayed in a room with an atrium view and the view is spectacular! The room was amazing and very comfortable to stay in for several days.

If you ever find yourself looking for an amazing weekend getaway in Southern Indiana, I would highly recommend this hotel. It well worth the expense.

Room Tip: Splurge on the atrium view with a balcony!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Overwhelmed and pleasantly surprised by meticulous attention to detail! Attentive staff, spotlessly clean rooms, well kept pool area, beautiful musicians for entertainment, great service for dining.
A beautifully preserved, restored and maintained hotel!

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the atrium
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Baden Springs
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper
Days Inn Jasper
Days Inn Jasper
#2 of 5 in Jasper

Been to West Baden Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!