West Baden Springs Hotel
$145
$209
$178
Preferred Hotels
Best Western Plus French Lick(French Lick)(Great Value!)
$109
Comfort Suites French Lick(French Lick)(Great Value!)
$149
$95
$114
TripAdvisor
1,945 results
All reviewsfrench stickfrench lick resortatrium viewbalcony roomhistoric hotelpete dye coursesister propertyspa servicesstep back in timehorseback ridingrocking chairswet barhistoric tourwest baden and french lickcarriage ridefree shuttleshuttle service
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite places!! Absolutely gorgeous resort with a jaw-dropping atrium. Service is impeccable. Had a lovely breakfast at the Cafe at Sinclair's. The weekends fill up, but during the week the pace is slower and quieter. We love to sit on the huge front porch with waffle cones from Xanadu. Heaven! (Good thing there's a great indoor pool to work off all those calories!)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Mermaidmarilyn
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Everyone should tour this recently renovated hotel and spa, which stood an abandoned ruin for 40 years. The dome atrium is the largest indoor space I have seen, with lovely tile floors, gilding, murals - just spectacular. A true architectual marvel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were there over Labor Day and would love to make it an annual mini-vacation. We were 7 adults, 2 children, and a baby, and there was an interesting assortment of activities to suit all ages: swimming, horse riding, go-carts, rocking on the porch, enjoying the Atrium, strolling the grounds, golf driving range, restaurants. We also enjoyed taking the trolley to the other hotel on the grounds for buffet breakfasts. The entire staff was friendly and helpful in all regards. We recommend it completely.

Room Tip: Our family had three rooms on 3rd floor Atrium, and we all loved them.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I found out about this hotel in a novel, oddly enough, and decided to take my parents there on a trip. Since I love old architecture and history in general, this place turned out to satisfy my interests perfectly. But it isn't just incredible to see (it is), but as several other reviewers have noted, the staff is there to please. I asked for an extra towel and robe in my room while at the front desk, and the girl didn't hesitate. The housekeeper had beat me to my room and was gone before I got there. Everyone on staff, regardless of their position, made time for any questions and requests. You have to try a room with an atrium balcony. If you can't, head down to the bar and get a drink and spend a little time just admiring the amazing dome. No, it isn't a cheap hotel, but the hotel still delivers on value because they don't cut corners. It isn't going to be close to an airport or a business conference, but the whole point is "getting away". This place delivers relaxation, beauty, and comfort in spades.

Room Tip: Get a room with an atrium balcony if you can. All the rooms are lavishly appointed (not large, but that is the case with historic hotels),
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I spent our 50th anniversary at the West Baden Springs Hotel. It was truly a wonderful experience. We had a king sized balcony room on the top floor overlooking the atrium. At night we sat in the atrium and watched the ceiling change colors. The restaurants were lovely. I kept saying how I wanted to return here in the future. This beautiful hotel is a hidden treasure in southern Indiana. The grounds are lovely. We sat on the front porch and read books. The pools were so nice, both outside and inside. When you walk in the hotel and see the atrium, you just are in awe. There is also a shuttle bus to the other hotel, but we were anxious to return to the peace and quiet of the West Baden Springs Hotel.

Room Tip: We loved the king sized balcony room on the top floor overlooking the atrium.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple