“Venue 10. Service 5”

West Baden Springs Hotel
Crossville, Tennessee, United States
“Venue 10. Service 5”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Overall experience of the hotel was stunning. The rooms, the view (definitely get the atrium view), the music in the atrium, and the spa are sublime. I could rest in the atrium for hours. My service experiences were hit and miss and much better in much less expensive hotels The food nor the service were worth the price in my experience I did express my concerns via email to management, but only received an automated response.

We did have room service for breakfast and that was lovely BUT the table sat in the hallway outside our room for 14 hours. For 275/night, I expected more.

The historic tour was great and the vocalist, pianist, and harpist were all fabulous I would have loved a balcony room so I could have enjoyed the music from my room because the windows don't open if you don't have a balcony

I would like to return but won't eat in the cafe in the atrium again.

Room Tip: Atrium room with balcony so you can enjoy the music from your room on weekends
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Zachary W, Guest Services Manager at West Baden Springs Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was concerned to hear about your experience with our food and beverage areas. I have shared your comments with the Food and Beverage Management team, so we can ensure that these issues do not happen. I know this does not change your experience, but I hope you can feel confident that your concern has been heard and we will definitely do something about it. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly at (812) 936-5514 if there is anything I can help you with.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had spent our honeymoon at French Lick Hotel and decided it was time to come back, but this time we stayed at West Baden Springs, what a beautiful hotel, the rooms were magnificant, and we received special treatment from the time of our arrival to our departure, we immediately were given a beautiful red rose once we were in our room, we had a very romantic dinner at Sinclair's, the service was top notch. And the next morning had a very good breakfast at the Cafe, then before checking out we stopped at the Merchantile shop and found some really unique momentoes to take home. Highly recommend a stay at this hotel, you won't regret it.
Lnda G

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife heard from a friend that this was an incredible destination hotel. She went on and on about it; and I must say I was skeptical until the moment I drove on to the grounds. Then, when I stepped into the lobby, I joined the list of those who will forever rave about this place. To call it "stunning" would be to understate the fact. The food is outstanding, and the service world class. If you have a reason to go to West Baden (French Lick) IN, do it. If you don't have a reason, do it anyway. You'll remember this one forever.

Room Tip: If you can get one of the rooms that opens out into the Atrium, it adds to an already tremendous exp...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had spent the previous night at the French Lick Resort and decided the following day to simply investigate West Baden Springs. Much to our surprise the hotel was even more impressive than the online photos. So, we decided to spend another night and booked a room at the West Baden Hotel! The front desk staff were great booking a beautiful room facing the atrium with its beautiful tile art and at a very reasonable price. We would just sit on the balcony and take it all in. The pools and spa were exceptional and I highly recommend taking one of the hot spring baths a truly luxurious experience even it puts your nose to the test! We really enjoyed our experience and are looking forward to visiting again for a longer stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank olderandwiserer
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Beautifully decorated room, large bathroom with terry robes. Spa was a bit pricey but the ambiance was elegant and relaxing. Free shuttle to other hotel, casino, golf course. Decent shops at resort but town shopping was disappointing. Worth a return visit!

• Stayed November 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our first time to visit the West Baden Springs Hotel. We were there celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary in October. Check-in was quick and the gentleman who helped us was polite and able to answer our questions. We enjoyed relaxing in our hotel room and in the "dome/foyer" area of the hotel. We toured the property inside (viewed the historical pictures around the hotel) and outside (the landscaping and buildings are beautiful). It is a peaceful and relaxing environment anywhere on the property. In addition to the West Baden Springs Hotel we traveled to Hagen's Restaurant (located on the Donald Ross Golf Course) for dinner and then experienced the French Lick Casino. We were fortunate to have the same driver (I believe the gentleman's name was Wayne) who explained the heritage of the properties surrounding West Baden and French Lick. He grew up in this area. We enjoyed the room service (the attendant was very helpful and polite) for breakfast which served as a quick & quiet way to begin our day. We will definitely return to the West Baden Springs Hotel in the future.

Room Tip: We choose to stay in a countryside view hotel room. Quiet, clean, and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paulding, Ohio
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I found out about the West Baden Springs Hotel by accident. I was looking for the French Lick Casino and saw this beautiful building in the distance. I knew it had to be the casino. We pulled into this cobble stone drive through a huge arch and drove back through beautiful gardens. Followed the signs to the valet parking and asked the valet if this was the casino. He politely turned us around and sent us back the other direction and told us where to go. Well my curiosity was peaked. I went home after the trip and looked up this hotel to see what it's story was. I found out the history and decided I had to take my wife there for her 50th birthday. Our first impression when we got there was complete awe when we saw the inside of the huge dome. What a beautiful site! The pictures on the internet could never do it justice. The desk manager was very nice and incredibly helpful. Our room was not ready and he kindly upgraded us to a dome side room. We got to our room and again was impressed. The rooms are beautiful and the view was amazing. Everyone we talked to at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. The free shuttle was very convenient. Everywhere we went in the hotel was clean and decorated nicely. I can't wait to go there again. Thanks West Baden for a great experience.

Room Tip: Get a dome side room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,123 reviews
The Legend of French Lick Resort
The Legend of French Lick Resort
#1 of 1 in West Baden Springs

Been to West Baden Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!