“Always a pleasure to stay at the Crazy Horse.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Baden Springs
Crazyhorse Ranch & Lodge
“Always a pleasure to stay at the Crazy Horse.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Always look forward to staying at the Crazy Horse. The rooms are very well kept and make you feel right at home! Dinner is great and breakfast is nothing short of wonderful. A great place to go if you need to just get away for a while, play some guitar, and relax by the fire.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Walkerf5197

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Newburgh, Indiana
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had some Swiss friends come in from New Hampshire that I have not seen in 10 years. Took them for dinner to the CH Ranch and Lodge for dinner. We had the fillet steaks. They travel the world and said it was the BEST steak they ever had, anywhere at any price!!! Dan and Sandy are the best host and hostess in the world, and I will be coming back every chance I get! Just LOVE the place!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The second time we stayed at the Crazyhorse and always, quite an enjoyable time. We pull our camper there as they have 3 nice, level campsites. They also have a small one-person bath house near the campsites (nice and warm with electric heat), and amazing hospitality, wonderful food! I can't say enought. Its so nice to be welcomed back as family! If you are a musician, bring along your instrument (or Dan will loan you one) because James and Dan jam every night on the small stage at the lodge. The steaks are to die for, my mouth waters just thinking about them!! This ranch offers 3 campsites, several B N B rooms and a small self-contained little apartment, actually a 'cabin' that is attached to the front of the lodge. Anything you want to do is 'a la carte', from horseback riding, to drinks at the bar, to breakfast, lunch or dinner. The riding trails are spectacularly beautiful. Anyone who visits this property seems to want to return again and again. The camping fee was only $30 a nite and included electric and water, and use of the bath house, plus we were welcome to hang out at the lodge. Wifi is available. This is much more affordable and 100 times more fun than the overpriced Westbaden or French Lick Springs Hotels in the area. In fact, if you stay there, you'll likely not even want to leave to go to the casino! We plan on going back every year for camping and sometimes just to go for dinner! 5 stars to Dan and Sandy!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank snooksmama
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 17, 2012

What a great time we had at Crazyhorse Ranch....we stayed in the cabin which was absolutely awesome very very clean......the dinner was absolutely to die for ive never had any better. Horse back riding was fenominal I have never ridden on trails like that ever before we went through areas I never dreamed where possible and some of the views where just breathtaking.....I highly recommend staying at this lodge......can't wait to get back there soon

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We first "stumbled" on the Crazy Horse Ranch a few years ago when traveling to French Lick for a concert. I had never been to the area so I asked a friend for a recommendation on an affordable place to stay and he gave me the number. I called the number that he provided me but accidentally called the wrong number and ended up calling the Ranch. I wasn't paying much attention when making the reservation and until I pulled up, I was expecting a small motel.

Once we pulled into the property, I was a little taken back because this was NOT was I was expecting. Cowboy Dan and Sandy greeted us and after 5 minutes and a cold beer, we felt right at home. Sandy is the sweetest cowgirl you'll ever meet and Cowboy Dan was so helpful and accommodating to the both of us. After a couple hours of chatting on the front porch, it was time to head to the concert. On our way to the concert my wife Sara and I were chatting about how great the Crazy Horse Ranch was and how we had to tell all of our friends about it.

We came back from the ranch to music and a fire on the porch and ended up having a romantic closure to our already wonderful stay.

In a nutshell, we have been traveling to the crazy horse several times a year since then including a special trip where I proposed to my wife with a group of friends and cowboys/cowgirls from the area on Valentine's Day 2010. This place will always be special to the both of us and our friends. We have made several Valentine's Day trips taking up the entire cabin with our friends. I have made several trips with other groups of friends along with family members.

As far as the treatment, food, entertainment (THANK YOU JAMES), and property, it's 5 stars without question. They are ALL the best group of cowboys/cowgirls you'll ever meet and I want to thank all of them SO much for always treating us not only as welcomed guest, but as friends and family. My advice, make this a reoccurring visit to the ranch and escape from the rat race in the city and relax, have a few drinks, share a few stories, and kick back and enjoy everything the Crazy Horse Ranch have to offer.

Finally, if you are considering traveling to the Crazy Horse Ranch and have questions or would like to see over a 100 photos of the ranch, feel free to send a friend request to Jeremy Gearries or email at jeremy@djsdirect.net. Now what are you waiting for? Call Cowboy Dan and escape to the Wild Wild West!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank djsdirect
Indianapolis
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We travel often and have stayed at many hotels, condos and cabins and never have I seen such a large piece of property so well maintained and clean. Dan and Sandy treated as though we were part of their family. My husband who is usually very quiet, joined James and Dan in strumming a few strings on the guitars and even sang along with them.

I "highly" recommend Crazyhorse if you want a quiet and peaceful getaway with great food and with the most awesome people I have ever met!

Thank you, Dan, Sandy, James, Jada and Johnny Ringo!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dianne F
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I can't say enough about this place. Our friends introduced us to this place and we look forward to going back every time we stay here. Delicious dinner made by the most inviting, humble hosts you could ask for. Its a place to come and get away from the hustle and bustle of life. I love this place and so does everyone we bring with us! Cant wait to see Cowboy Dan and Sandy again!

• Stayed February 2012
French Lick Springs Hotel
French Lick Springs Hotel
#2 of 5 in French Lick
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,124 reviews

Been to Crazyhorse Ranch & Lodge? Share your experiences!