“Unplanned stay in Washington, IN”

Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Washington
Reviewed November 8, 2013

my work schedule changed at the last minute and I found myself needing a room for the night. Only 2 hotels in Washington. I stopped by the Baymont first and it was booked solid on a Tuesday night of all nights. The front desk was kind enough to call the Holiday Inn to make sure that they had openings which they did. Otherwise, I would have had to drive 25 miles to Jasper.

The Holiday Inn was very nice. Great lobby entry, nice looking pool and a workout room right off the lobby. Freshly baked cookies were a nice welcome. My room was very spacious and comfortable. A refrigerator and microwave were in the room too. Always nice to have since I prefer to pick up food at the local grocery stores. The Jay C grocery store is just across the street.

The bed was very comfortable and I got a nice night of sleep. I really enjoyed my unexpected stay. If my work travels bring me back to Washington, IN, I am happy to know that a good nights' sleep awaits!

The breakfast was fine. Typical hotel fare.

A pretty rainbow was in the morning sky which was a neat way to begin the day. Not sure that I can credit the Holiday Inn for that! Nice touch, just the same! ;)

I recommend this hotel should you find yourself in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express over a weekend with a large group of friends. My wife and I found the front desk very efficient and super friendly. Our room was very clean and well appointed. The breakfast in the kitchenette area of the front lobby was well staffed and constantly replenished with volumes of hot coffee. We found housekeeping did a great job while we were out of our room during the day. No surprises the entire weekend. Would definitely stay here again! We were even served hot cookies late at night. Our group also reserved the party/meeting room which was well stocked with chairs and tables as we had requested.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is a 3-star hotel in a small town. They let me check in 2-hours early. The manager takes pride in the hotel, spends time training staff, and clearly takes care of the regulars. Breakfast alternates between scrambled eggs and bacon and Western omelette and sausage. They also offer cereal, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, English muffins, bagels, yogurt, bananas, condiments, milk and coffee. Rooms are a reasonable size. I like the way the TV swivels so it be easily seen from anywhere in the room. I also like the TV turning on to same channel it was on when I turned it off. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom T
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend as we attended our grandson's HS graduation. Usually we stay with our daughter but with much family in town this was a wiser, less hectic choice!!. Having lived in Washington for a few years in the past I fully understood what choices were available and since we often stay at HIE on the road this was a no-brainer choice. Stayed in the Presidential Suite. Not really Presidential but on second thought a little more what our President should be staying in that what he does when on the road. Everything worked, was clean and quiet. Only problem that I saw was that the lady that was the breakfast hostess really wanted to wrap it up early each morning. Scheduled from 5:30-9:30 she would not make any effort to refill food items after 9. Having watched other guests come down at 9:15 only to find little food remaining I asked her on our last morning if she was going to refill the scrambled eggs since it was empty. She said "No, breakfast ends at 9:30." I stated that it was only 9:10 and not close to 9:30 and she huffed a little then went off to make more scrambled eggs. At least 3 more guests accessed them before 9:30. I get not wanting to waste food but I also understand that HIE charges a little more for their rooms to provide this service and should be willing to provide it until the stated end time. I discussed this with the manager on check out and maybe it will be alleviated for future travelers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear SIBoiler2,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We are working hard to ensure that our breakfast service meets our guests expectations and value your feedback.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was very pleased to arrive at this property in the midst of the proverbial “dark and stormy night.” I had business in the area and was pleased that there was a HIE property here. The location is near shopping, fast food, etc. so, even in a small town, you aren’t left without options. The room, service, and cleanliness were all very good. I would recommend staying here if you without reservation. The small town feel was also evident in the friendly and comfortable staff. Nice.

Room Tip: I had a room that faced the back of the hotel and it was nice and quiet and no street or business no...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank EnjoyTravelAlways
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

When I travel on business, I don't usually use many amenities, so I can only speak on the ones I do/did use.

The presidential suite was fine, everything worked as far as I could tell. My only complaint was that they had the AC cranked on high upon my arrival in Feb. It was an abnormally warm day, but that was excessive.

The breakfast was ok, although they had no yogurt in the cooler. I had to get the front desk guy to stock them, because he was playing in his phone in the back.

It was a very slow morning, so don't know how they perform on busy days.

Overall, if you don't ask for a lot, it's fine. The main reason I selected this location was that I could get a Pres Suite for only 5000 points, even though I have to work in Vincennes, IN.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Very nice motel in small town Indiana. Friendly staff and clean, comfortable room. Morning breakfast was excellent. Fitness room and indoor swimming pool right off the lobby. The motel is located near many restaurants and has easy access to the new I-69.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TravisOklahoma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Baymont Inn & Suites Washington
Holiday Inn Express Vincennes
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 8 in Vincennes
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper
TownePlace Suites Vincennes
SureStay Plus By Best Western, Jasper

Been to Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana? Share your experiences!