“Mayberry”

Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Washington
Vero Beach, Florida
“Mayberry”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

I went to this restaurant when I was a kid with my grandparents. Just took my wife and kids there. They loved it. Burgers are awesome. Milkshakes were hand made and brought to you in the metal container they were stirred up in. This place reminds you of Mayberry. Wish everything could be so simple and so good!

Petersburg, Indiana
“Amazing burgers and friendly people!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

When my mother was still alive this her favorite place to go for hamburgers so my wife and I decided to go there for lunch. The aroma when you get close to the White Steamer is almost overpowering since the grill is located in the front window and it exhausts to the sidewalk. We sat in the front booth and were waited on immediately by a very friendly young lady. My wife ordered a hamburger with grilled onions and I ordered the double cheeseburger with grilled onions. When you get a double burger here or a triple you should know that they take either two or three fresh, not frozen, patties and press them into one so that it is not three separate burgers in the bun but one very large burger.
The burgers were superb. They taste like the burgers I remember from long ago. This is now our favorite place to get burgers.

Washington, Indiana
“Great nostalgic hamburger place in southern Indiana!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Been eating White Steamer hamburgers with grilled onions since the 40's. My kids have to go there when they come home. It is great for the type of restaurant it is. Decorated with Route 66 decor from years ago. Hasn't changed much, just good burgers and malts too!

• Visited July 2014