“Do not stay here”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Washington
Destin, Florida
“Do not stay here”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Upon checking in we were not greeted at all, just formal paperwork. The room was not clean at all and the furniture & carpet was very dirty. Pictures don't lie. The place gave me the creeps but we didn't have a choice as no other hotels were close by. The sheets were to small so when they flipped off the bed I looked and the mattress pad had crumbs and hair on it.. Ewww.. just shows you they haven't been washed them for awhile either. We had 2 towels and one washcloth. These people are not doing their jobs when it comes to cleaning.. also, the breakfast is a joke and the breakfast area was not clean at all and not sanitary. I had read the previous comments but gave them a benefit of a doubt.. Shame on me.. I should NEVER have booked here. This place needs to be udpated very badly and a DEEP CLEAN. The furniture was absolutely filthy .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 12, 2014

TripAdvisor has been my source for finding good hotels at reasonable prices for quite a long time and I have relied on other peoples' experiences to help me avoid what I judge to be some terrible properties. I am about to do that for you.

I have stayed at this property a couple of times since writing an earlier review and each time it has gotten progressively worse, in my estimation. The most recent stay was on 02/13/2014 (see pictures). In some fairness to the staff, I was tired and did not request a change of rooms because I didn’t want the hassle of packing all of my possessions up and moving to a new room, but this room should NEVER have been offered in the first place. The following morning, I reported all of the problems and the front desk clerk was nice, but not really helpful. I reported my experience to Baymont/Wyndham and was told that the property owner would contact me within 48 hours and I have yet to hear from anyone after over three weeks. Had the property manager responded to me complaint, I would probably have written a less scathing review with the expectation that things would get better as a result of my comments. In the absence of any expression of concern from the property, my only interest is in protecting others from a similar experience. Annoyingly, I have been added to some mailing list in which I receive frequent invitations to return and "enjoy" this property.

A list of the significant things wrong on this past stay: The television did not work, there were several large holes in the wall where the plumbing had been accessed but the wallboard was never replaced, the chair and ottoman were stained and threadbare (I could see the batting), the floor had not been vacuumed anywhere but in the main walkway and the carpet had ground in food crumbs by the window, the office chair has such disgusting stains on it that I wouldn't sit in it, the Teflon on the iron peeled off and ruined a white business shirt I was preparing for the next day, and perhaps scariest of all, the parking lot access door by my room (at the East end of the building) had duct take on it to defeat the security features. Anyone could enter the hotel from the parking lot without hotel staff being aware. The tape appeared to have been there a while.

While I see plenty of reactive reviews from people who get mad at a single big thing and nitpick everything and I tend to dismiss those, but please see attached pictures as evidence of my bad experience.

Room Tip: I had a great, positive room selection tip in my last revieiw of this property, but now my best room...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Washington hotels

Williamsport, Indiana
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed with several other family members for a reunion. The hotel itself is nice, they accept pets, nice pool and a good breakfast. But from the moment we arrived until we left we had problems with the staff.

The woman who checked us in would not honor the rate we had be quoted.

Asking for towels was a huge pain (how can a place with a pool not know you will need towels for the kids?).

I dont wish to list them all but at every time every member of the staff was at the least rude and some of them were mean.

I know there are not alot of other hotels to choose from but do yourself a favor and FIND ANOTHER HOTEL.

Jim

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel. It is just not worth the effort.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 31, 2014

i am still waiting on a call from management over problems that we had over a month ago,whirlpool in suite did not operate,was dirty and was treated very rudely when asked if someone could take a look at it so we could use it.i would never stay at this place again and would highly recommend that others don't stay their either unless they change the way they manage it.called baymont customer service and they have not received any return calls from the motel management and is still waiting for answers to why i was treated very rudely and told if i didn't like the room i was welcome to leave even though they still charged me.

Room Tip: inspect the bathrooms for mold on the ceilings and cleanliness of shower and tub areas
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cedar Grove
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Nice hotel, great staff close to everything we needed tht the hotel didnt have..I always stay at Beaumont whn I come to Washington cause I knw its a reliable hometown feel kind of hotel.would reommend to anyone who wanna s a comfortable stay at a nice discreet place family welcome.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana
TownePlace Suites Vincennes
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 7 in Vincennes

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Washington? Share your experiences!