“Nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Washington
Greenwood
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

nice hotel, breakfast not offered long enough for those who like to sleep in a little, nice pool and hot tub, rooms clean and very comfortable, could use more bed pillows(bring your own if you like to use more than one per person!) Will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
SALISBURY
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel to attend a funeral in Washington Indiana. There are only two hotels in this town so was expecting it difficult to find a room since it was Super Bowl Weekend.
I was assigned a room upon my arrival and was impressed how inviting the lobby was when walking in the door. A nice TV and comfy chairs to sit and read, fresh fruit in a bowl, along with great coffee and fresh water. It is right across the street from a Super Walmart so was able to do some light shopping for things I forgot to take with me. The front desk personnel were fine, just not overly customer service minded. They did what they were supposed to do and that was it. There was a really nice lady working the breakfast area, and she was very cheerful and bubbly. She kept the area filled with what was needed on the breakfast menu and was a pleasure to talk to. I was also able to print out my boarding passes on the computer right off of the lobby, which is a plus anymore to save time at the airports since I was not checking baggage (2.5 hours from Louisville) My second night was staying at a hotel in Louisville since I had a very early morning flight and the Baymont in Washington was a much better experience than the other brand name that I stayed at Louisville. If I would have had a later flight that day,I would have certainly stayed at this Baymont. There is a Ponderosa Steakhouse right across the parking lot, but unfortunately it closed around 9PM and I did not get a chance to try it out. I understand they are building an interstate highway in this area so lots of construction going in and around Washington. It was a very quiet area even though there is a truck plaza nearby. The only thing I did hear was a dog barking in the room several doors down, which probably was the only noise I did hear that was somewhat distracting. All in all, it was pleasant experience at the Baymont Suites for the quick trip that it was.

Room Tip: I had from a nice view of the countryside from my window
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Owensboro Ky
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Wife's employer sent her to this hotel and was very happy about the clean room etc. However she wanted to stay "one more night" and pay for it off her debit card instead of the company credit card. The clerk charged her $430 for one night (more than what the company was charged for 3 nights). Then DEMANDED the use of yet another card so they could take more money. They REFUSE to refund the money, called corporate customer service and they are totally useless and refuse to assist and refer us back to the hotel. Called the local law enforcement (what the banks tell you to do) and they didn't want to file a report on what we consider a theft of funds. Turns out also the clerk also tried to charge more money on the company card as well.

Room Tip: don't give the blonde dingie your credit card
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
lascrucesnm
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Generic motel and room, average size, averagely clean and decorated. But it has the right stuff--hangers, ironing board and iron, mini fridge and microwave, desk with comfortable office chair, a small pool and fitness center, and food (Ponderosa Steakhouse) right across the parking lot. The breakfast is also average but the donuts from a local bakery are a great touch (not available on Mondays though as I understand).

Room Tip: Don't let the truck plaza discourage you. The rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Our son and his family recently moved to Washington. We took our grandson in the pool and had a great time. It wasn't a large pool, but there were few other guests using it. Our bed was comfortable.
My husband raved about the biscuits and gravy. The rest of the breakfast was OK----toast, waffles, bagels. The woman in charge of the breakfast area, was friendly and helpful. She made sure everything was clean. The room where we ate was small, but very sunny. The overflow dining area didn't have an overhead light on, so it seemed dark to me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Madelinejane
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Hotel has not been remodeled since it was built in the 1980's. On the second day we stayed we unable to get soap or shampoo after they cleaned our room. This hotel caters to construction works and high school teams, coal trucks also run up and down the bypass all night, If you complain you will be the one asked to leave. The management are rude and very unprofessional. The free breakfast is not worth the trouble of staying. The only reason we stayed in this dump was the Holiday Inn Express was full. I even think I might have gotten bed bugs.

Stay away!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Siamesesam

Travelers are raving about these Washington hotels

Chicago
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Travelling to southern Indiana during the exciting IHSAA Basketball Sectionals and Regionals, I camped out at the Baymont on Tuesday night, March 1. Four Class A schools played that night in Sectional play at North Daviess HS: Washington Catholic, Shoals, Vincenness Rivet, and Barr-Reeve.

Before the double-header, I checked into the hotel at 3 PM, and I asked for a room overlooking the pond on the backside of the hotel. The serene pond reflects a few trees, and ducks visited in the morning. Several workers were also hammering in new, colonial blue carpeting throughout the hotel.

At the ballgame, a terrific saxophone player "Star-Spangled Bannered" his way through the Anthem, and the games were great.

Sleep was bliss.

The next day, on Wednesday morning, during a much needed vacation bubblebath, my reverie was interupted by more carpet installation. Hammer hammer hammer hammer. Auugh. Serenity now!

I visited the front desk at 10 AM and asked "for a modest discount or a new room." - and the gracious hotel desk obliged.

I wanted to take a morning swim here too, but the breakfast room overlooks the pool. I did not want anyone to lose their appetite, so I skipped the pool. The variety of breakfast foods was wonderful.

There is a 24-hour Wal Mart a short drive from the hotel, across the main road.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank LodgerFromChicago
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Holiday Inn Express Washington, Indiana
TownePlace Suites Vincennes
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 7 in Vincennes

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Washington? Share your experiences!