“Great food, great staff”
Review of La Troje

La Troje
Ranked #5 of 90 Restaurants in Warsaw
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Warsaw, Indiana
“Great food, great staff”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

La Troje has wonderful Mexican food that blows Hacienda out of the water. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. The atmosphere is fun too

• Visited February 2014

“By far the best Mexican food in the area”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great atmosphere very good prices, huge portions. We have been here over a dozen times and honestly never disappointed. A margarita that is amazing and potent.

• Visited January 2014
“Mom's Birthday”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I love this place. The food is good and the prices are wonderful. We took my mother there for her 91st birthday. I had called ahead to make the reservation for her and they were so sweet to her. They came out with these paper bags and popped them, all the time singing and she was so surprised, they placed the paper bags on her head and she thought that was so funny. We took pictures and she really was having a great time. They brought her out a desert on the house that was so delicious. They are one of the best Mexican restaurants I have ever eaten in. They place is very clean and the atmosphere is delightful. Not to mention those HUGE margaritas and the fresh guac.

• Visited April 2013
“Never been disappointed”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've patronized La Troje since they first opened and can honestly say they have never failed to exceed my expectations. I have sampled several of their entrees and have enjoyed each one. This is definitely not like the franchise Mexican restaurant where the dishes look different but all taste very much alike. On New Year's Eve, they were extremely busy which may account for some of the low marks they received from others on service. However, we witnessed the wait staff running to perform their tasks - doing their best to keep up with the demand. Food is always served hot and fresh. Servers are polite and friendly. The price is extremely reasonable. I agree with other reviewers with regard to the noise level. The building is not acoustically treated to help reduce noise. However, the noise does tend to help create a fiesta atmosphere and could be viewed as a positive rather than a negative (unless you're looking for a quiet, intimate dinner in which case you probably should go elsewhere). Have and will continue to recommend La Troje as one of the better eating establishments in Warsaw.

• Visited January 2014
North Manchester, Indiana, United States
“Poor service”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I went on New Year's Eve about 6:00. We were seated promptly in a quiet location near the bar. We liked that but our waiter checked on us once while we were there. Didn't get drink refills until we flagged him down. One of us requested ketchup and we had to ask 3 different waiters 4 times before we got any. I'm sure her food was cold before she ate. I noticed there wasn't a bartender. All the waiters were mixing their own drinks. Didn't seem to be a manager on duty either. Very chaotic. We were finished with our meal and waited 20 minutes for the bill. There were customers waiting to be seated and we were waiting for our waiter again. When he did bring the bill, my husband told him we had been waiting and he was rude. Told us, "What am I supposed to do?? We're busy!" No apology, just rude. Not enough wait staff for all those tables.

• Visited December 2013