“Bisquits & Gravy”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Wanamaker
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Bisquits & Gravy”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Being a Jersey boy and a transplant to Indiana 15 years ago, I had never been to Wanamaker or Wheatley's before but on Saturday morning we stopped at Wheatley's before the Russ Dellen Memorial Loop motorcycle ride.

We both got 1/2 orders of the biscuits & gravy and that was plenty as they put quite a bit into a carry out container. Yes, whether you are eating in or taking out, it comes in a takeout container.

No frills, no waitress, go up to the counter, order and carry it back and eat it.

Just GREAT biscuits and gravy.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Joseph T

Key Largo, Florida
“Friday Fish, Sunday Chicken”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The outdoor Friday fish fry is a summer destination around here. Inside seating if weather is bad. You get to watch them deep fry white fish, and it is crispy, hot, and plentiful. My husband and I split a "meal" as there are about 7 strips of fish. About $7-9. Sometimes you have to stand in line, but that's part of the charm. This is at an old small town grocery store building!

Sundays they serve a fried chicken meal and it is good old fashioned chicken, green beans and mash (on a styro plate). It is casual and you sit on benches at a picnic table. Friendly, clean, nothing fancy, but good!

Check reviews on UrbanSpoon.

Saturdays they serve b'fast biscuits and gravy but I have not been for that meal.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank GingerSpringer
Anderson, IN
“Good if you like fried fish”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

This reminds me of the Seinfeld show "Soup Nazi" we stopped in on a Friday night for their fish fry. overall pretty good but if you don't want fish you are out of luck. They have a 3 piece fish dinner with fries, baked beans and cole slaw. OR they have fish and fries. OR they have a fish sandwich. Oh and did I say fish yep that is it! They did have I believe corn dogs or something for kids but that is it. No not even a burger or a turkey sandwich just FISH. BUT it is GOOD fried fish. It was not overly greasy and they sell so much there is always a line so it is good and hot. We had the 3 piece fish dinner and everything was good. They do have corn fritters (hush puppies) on the side 5 for $1. The dinner was $10.50 I believe.

I believe they are also open on Saturday for fish and Sunday is fried chicken but NO no fish on Sunday just Chicken. I think you get the picture VERY limited on the menu. I have not tried the chicken but will plan on giving it a try! The only thing that keeps me from giving them a 5 is the baked beans tasted like they were from a can and I think the price for $10.50 they could just throw in a couple hush puppy/ corn fritters.

There is always a line when I have driven by but there is parking across the street at the bank (after hours of course) if there is no place behind or out front. Since it is a pretty simple ordering system and it does not take customers long to decide how they want their fish/chicken the line moves fast so don't let that steer you away.

• Visited July 2012