$125
TripAdvisor
All reviewskroger storethe breakfast areaindoor poolroom was cleanstaff was friendlybreakfast was deliciousdesk clerkvery nice hotelpillowsweddingindiana
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

One of our hotels during a week long trip. This hotel was ver nice and clean. The staff was friendly and professional. It was pretty quiet as well.

No complaints about the room. Each bed had 4 pillows(2 firm, 2 soft) that you could choose from.

The pool area was very nice, we had it to ourselves for about an hour. This location had a nice workout area as well, however I forgot to take a picture of it.

The breakfast area was nice in the breakfast was delicious. Everything was stocked and hot. There were multiple things to choose from, so if you left hungry you really only have yourself to blame.

I would definitely stay at this holiday Inn express again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Priti A, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wabash, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and writing valuable review.
We are very happy that you really like all hotel amenities and staff.
and you mention all in detail for future guest. I really appreciate for this

Reviewed July 6, 2017 via mobile

We stayed from Thursday through Sunday. The staff were wonderful. The breakfast very good. Room was clean. I would stay there again. The breakfast area we used to bring in lunch before the wedding and there was no problem.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and writing valuable review.
We are very pleased that you acknowledge our staff.

Reviewed May 16, 2017

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice. Indoor pool which looked inviting. The morning breakfast was so complete and delouis. They had everything you could want.The staff came around and ask if we need anything else. Everyone was nice. The desk clerk gave me the wifi code to use.It was kind of hard to get to off of RT 24.Thank you again to everyone at the hotel for your service.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Priti A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wabash, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2017

Thank you for staying with us and writing valuable review.
That is really nice of you to write very detail experience with us.
I am sorry for entrance of the hotel we are located at intersection of highway 24 and 15. Actual entrance is from pizza Hut, behind to the Kroger.
We know its really hard to find the Hotel. Hopefully we will find out some solution for it
We are very happy that you enjoy your stay

Reviewed February 10, 2017 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay two nights here while traveling on business, and, the staff was friendly and professional. Unfortunately, much of the rest of the stay didn't measure up.

The room smelled faintly of stale cigarette smoke, even though the hotel was completely non-smoking. I suspect that is why I had to sign an agreement to pay a $200 cleaning fee if I smoked in the room. The room seemed reasonably clean, except for the cap from a plastic pop bottle on the floor by the door. That caused me to wonder what else the cleaning staff might have missed.

The breakfast also left much to be desired. They were out of coffee both mornings, and the scrambled eggs were undercooked. The bagel was hard and stale. I don't expect that much from a complimentary breakfast, but when there are only a few items, a couple of bad ones makes a difference.

This is an older hotel, but it was well-maintained. Unfortunately, there were enough sub-optimal issues that I couldn't give the place a better rating.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkInIndy
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wabash, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Dear MarkInIndy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with our hotel. While it is regrettable that our room aroma and breakfast items served did not live up to your expectations, I am happy to know that you commended the efforts of our hotel staff. I appreciate your kind comments towards our helpful hotel team. Let me assure you that we will continuously strive for improvement to ensure that we are consistent in providing comfortable as well as friendly accommodations. Your comments regarding the room and breakfast will be reviewed by the hotel management for necessary improvements.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again and provide you a better stay.

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 10, 2017

Overall it is a normal Holiday Inn Express. Free Breakfast, Normal rooms, etc. Everything that you would expect. Here in lies the secret to this particular location. Customer Service. On my last visit here, between Christmas and New Years, I came down with the flu. I was bed ridden for the better part of two days before I had enough strength to drive home 3 hours. During that 2 days, the manager graciously went to the grocery store and purchased sports drinks and crackers for me so that I could at least remain hydrated. I had ask her to put it on the room charge as I did not have any cash. Only after I got home and started my expense report did I find no charge for the grocery items. On my subsequent trip, I tried to give her the money that I felt that I owed for the goods.. She refused. This is the best way that I can say thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for an even numbered room as is it away from the highway intersection where trucks like to engine brake
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
Priti A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wabash, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Thank you for taking time and writing very valuable review for us.
That's very nice of you for kind words. I will try to provide excellent customer service every time.
Thank you for being loyal guest.