WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Herrold on Hill Bed and Breakfast

Herrold on Hill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Wabash B&B and Inns
Logansport, Indiana, United States
“Best place I have ever been”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I went to Herrold on Hill after discovering it by accident. When we got there, the innkeeper and his wife welcomed us with absolute open arms! I We felt like we were family coming home for a visit! The ambience was spectacular. The whole house was as clean as a whistle! I've never felt more welcomed ANYWHERE in my life. Both Alan and Sandy helped us with where to go and what was interesting about THEIR Wabash. Then there were the breakfasts. Alan is also a top notch chef. One morning it was quail eggs and home smoked pork loin. Another was mushroom and cheese omlette, a third was stuffed French Toast with Marscapone Cheese and pears. All of it was far above top notch! We loved it so much that we have booked our anniversary trip to go there and our anniversary isn't until NEXT April. Do yourself a favor. Check this place out! You won't be sorry!

Room Tip: There is a busy train track nearby but you soon learn to tune it out!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Morning View, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

My stay at the Herrold on Hill B & B was nothing short of splendid! From the wonderful bed with soft and luxurious linens to visiting in the evening by the gas fire in the parlor, this B&B was absolutely delightful! Did I mention how clean it is? The place is gleaming. The breakfasts are wonderful - quail eggs, asparagus, smoked pork roast, kale chip's, fresh fruit with creme fresh! These are just a sampling of morning menus. My stay lasted 3 nights and 3 days. I only hope I have the opportunity to return again - and soon. You could stay here for a unique experience or you could stay at a chain motel and have a hard boiled egg for breakfast.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms! Each is beautifully furnished, quiet, clean, and comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Scott H
Avilla, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

This beautifully restored 1885 Victorian mansion, with its marble & hardwood floors, comfortable beds, original works of art, and gracious, accommodating hosts (Alan & Sandy) is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway! Herrold on Hill's proximity to downtown Wabash is great for walking to the Honeywell Center, restaurants, antique shops, and Paradise Spring Historic Park and Riverwalk.

Breakfast was lovingly prepared and elegantly served in the chandelier & candlelit dining room. We enjoyed a leisurely meal of Maine blueberries atop organic vanilla yogurt, Saigon cinnamon-sprinkled Moroccan orange slices, sunny side up quail eggs (Yes! Healthy, tiny little delicacies!) crispy kale chips, tangerine citrus juice, hot tea, and baked cinnamon pecan French toast with sliced, fresh strawberries. Everything was scrumptious!

We definitely recommend Herrold on HIll, and hope to return in the future.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank avilladawn
Fairland, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Alan and Sandy took such great care of me. The room was clean, comfortable and beautiful. I stayed on Valentine's Day, so when I arrived I had a wonderful meal, graciously served by Sandy and Alan. Delicious! I was offered a sweet or savory breakfast. I chose savory and was treated to a healthy Eggs Benedict with quail eggs, yogurt, tangerine juice and asparagus. I highly recommend this B&B!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Anacortes, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Herrold on Hill this spring. The B&B is in an idyllic location a couple of blocks from the Honeywell Center and Dr. James Historic Home, a couple more from Historic Downtown (Eagles Theater, Wabash County Historical Museum, Green Hat Bar, Wine Tasting Room, Twenty, Market Street Grill, antique shops, etc.), as well as, a few blocks from the Wabash City park with trails and views of Charley Creek and Paradise Spring Historical Park with views of the Wabash River and links to the Wabash River Walk trail.

The hosts, Alan and Sandy, are friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was delicious and presented in the dining room or on the porch. My bedroom was lovely, the bed comfortable and the sheets cozy. After breakfast, I walked everywhere to take in the nearby sites. Wabash has an interesting founding culture and part of this can be seen in the architecture of the buildings and homes. Herrold on Hill, built in 1885, is a wonderful example. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LaraDunning
Wabash, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Herrold on Hill was the perfect place for a girls weekend getaway! Upon arrival we were graciously welcomed by our hosts, Sandy and Alan. Our room was clean and cozy, and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. Being on the first floor, close to the train tracks, I was a little worried about the noise, but we didn't hear a thing and I was happy to see a fan in our room:) Our breakfast was incredible both mornings....portabella mushroom and camembert cheese omelets, crunchy french toast with fresh blackberries and creme fraiche, and a refreshing beet and tomato juice with fresh horseradish. The coffee was plentiful with fresh cream and organic cane sugar to add. The shower was supplied with several bottles of L'OCCITANE shower gels and shampoo/conditioner. There were so many little touches that made our stay at Herrold on Hill so very special and memorable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wabash, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Herrold on Hill offers above and beyond excellent service and accommodations. The comfort and elegance of the rooms are incredible. Breakfast will amaze you! I stayed two nights and each morning I was greeted with an outstanding meal. Alan & Sandy (caretakers of the B&B) prepared breakfast from items freshly purchased at the local farmers market. Presentation and taste left you wanting more! Their culinary talents are rare and exquisite!

The reason for my stay was a two night get away with two high school friends I hadn't seen in 15 years. From the moment we pulled into the drive until the moment we left, we were pampered beyond belief. The king size bed had high quality sheets and bedding. The victorian decor and high-end antiques is tastefully executed and ads to the unique experience this B&B has to offer. The complimentary shower toiletries and towels were high quality. The location of Herrold on Hill lends itself nicely to the historic shopping district of downtown Wabash.

We enjoyed coffee on the screened in patio where myself and long-time high school friends were able to chat away the morning hours.

If you are making a trip to North Eastern Indiana and are looking for an over night stay that will NOT disappoint then I encourage you to choose Herrold on Hill. You will want to return again and again or you may not ever want to leave.

Room Tip: The home is very well insulated. If you plan on coming and going often during your stay, I would re...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wabash
Charley Creek Inn
Holiday Inn Express Wabash
Knights Inn Wabash
Knights Inn Wabash
#3 of 3 in Wabash

Been to Herrold on Hill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!