“Nice Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Wabash
Snohomish, Washington
“Nice Hotel!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We travel back to Wabash quite often, and for about the last year have been staying at the Charley Creek Inn during our visits. The hotel is a great value and offers a great atmosphere for our extended visits. The service is great !! We had Charley Creek Inn cater our toddler birthday bash, make sure you check out their rooftop room..it is great for gatherings of 40 to 50!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mark R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Muncie
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed here one night a few weeks ago and it was so nice! The beds are hands down the best we've ever slept in, and the decor is superb. I noticed a complaint on this site that the mattresses were too hard, but they are specially made beds that can be flipped to a softer side. We thoroughly enjoyed the food, both for dinner and for breakfast, though it was a tad overpriced and we did have to wait. I will say that the ONLY letdown is the lack of professional service. It was mostly just the front desk staff (one lady in particular) that was so dismissive, so rude, and not so helpful at all. I let that go, but what bothered me was the restaurant staff was forgetful and pretty unprofessional. All in all I would stay there again, if only for the awesome beds. I just believe that in a place that nice, $15 million dollars invested in it, the service should be top notch.

4 Thank Heather F
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at Charley Creek Inn Easter weekend. The rooms were impeccable and were very reasonably priced. The bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. The staff at the desk was helpful and polite. If you're in the area, I'd definitely recommend Charley Creek Inn.

2 Thank Katiebug0
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2012

When we got to the hotel we were impressed with the restoration and the beautiful decor. Our suite was lovely and the beds were the most comfortable hotel beds ever. Our first night was nice. We did some wine tasting at the wine bar and got some nice wines with the help of the staff. However our stat went down hill from there. We went down to the twenty for breakfast and waited for an hour for eggs, bacon, and toast. It was bad enough that our wait was so long and we got to watch everyone around us, including a couple that got there a half hour after us, receive and eat their food, but then the manager came over and made it worse. At first when she came over we thought that she was the hostess. She asked how our food was, we mentioned the wait she just made excuses. She next came over she ungraciously comped our food, making it seem like we were being unreasonable for complaining about the poor service.

So we now have spent 2 hours of our morning waiting on breakfast, where our room has been vacant. We took a nice walk along the river walk and stopped in a few shops, getting back to our room at around 1:45 pm. A maid was outside of our room and mentioned the she was preparing to clean it. We needed to change and freshen up, so we asked here to give us 15 minutes and we would be out. She said okay, then returned with reinforcements to tell us that they were leaving for the day. Since we were still changing, we accepted some towels and were left with and unserviced room, dirty dishes, and no coffee for the morning. Very uni pressed with the service and the staff at this hotel. We will not be going back.

3 Thank Sarah B
Berne, Indiana
Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is a great hotel, like a perfect B&B with all the services of a hotel. Rooms are comfy, large and well appointed. A very short walk to whatever you want, Honeywell center, river walk and lots of history. This is great stay-cation or escape. Service is great, candy shop and wine and cheese shop are both gems.

Give this one a try.

Room Tip: Plan on leaving windows closed unless you like trains. Mid-week prices are better.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jem1rocky
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Our fourth and perhaps final visit to this boutique hotel. The rooms are nice and even those in the lowest price range have some nice amenities. However, the complimentary breakfast is gone and the restaurant Twenty has lowered its standards. The front desk personnel were indifferent.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the Market Street side. There is a lot of noisy traffic on it---especially...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank BunnyoftheGlen
Reviewed March 6, 2012

My family lives in Florida and like many of you we like to travel. Since we have family in Wabash it's necessary to rent a hotel room at least a few nights a year. Our family size often requires a larger room and the Holiday Inn express north of downtown on hwy24 has often been the bain of my exsistance. It was a necessary evil and over the years it has slowly transformed itself into a money stealing ashtray, but at the time it was the lesser of two evils.

BEHOLD! Like manna from heaven the clouds parted and reveled a shiny new beacon of hope. The Charley Creek Inn (strangely not situated on charley creek) opened to much fanfare with the locals and myself. I immediately booked a room for my next trip into town and I wasn't dissapointed. The restoration of this building (especially if you remember the former red apple inn) is nothing short of astonishing. It really is very similar to a boutique hotel in a larger local. Short of the more upscale hotels in downtown Indianapolis there is no equal in this area of the country, especially for the price. Of course, I'm happy to see this happen in my former hometown after years chain stores causing downtown shops to close, but I'm even happier I don't have to stay at the holiday inn express stinkbomb north of town.

If you're staying here you're probably either already familar with Wabash or enjoying a show at the nearby Honeywell Center. (another astonishing building for a city this size) If you're looking for things to do and places to eat be sure to the following: Directly across the street is the recently refurbished Eagles theater that is even more stunning that this hotel. If you're hungry for pizza my all time favorite pizza place Pizza King is only a block away. The YMCA is within walking distance as well and although I haven't been I hear it's nice. The Market Street Grill is also a nice local place to eat and of course there is also the hotel resturant.

Though if you're really just wanting a place to crash stop by the wal-mart and buy a large can of febreeze and book a room at the competing hotels. You'll get a nice view of the highway if you're lucky.

Note: The hotel doesn' t have a pool. However the YMCA does and as a hotel guest I believe they give you a voucher.

Room Tip: Wink and be good looking..
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Powertourer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wabash
Comfort Inn Huntington
Knights Inn Peru
Knights Inn Peru
#2 of 3 in Peru
Herrold on Hill Bed and Breakfast

Been to Charley Creek Inn? Share your experiences!