“Good food, but unfriendly, server”

Gelsosomo's Pizzeria
Ranked #18 of 159 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
“Good food, but unfriendly, server”
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

I would have rated my visit a 5, but the service was atrocious. My chicken and cheese ravioli was tasty and fresh. For $12, the meal included a salad and bread. My server though made my visit disappointing. After bringing my food, my waitress never asked if I liked the meal, didn't offer more bread, didn't even offer a soft drink refill. When she wanted, she came to my table, took my plate and said she would bring the check. I was waiting for a refill. Talk about getting the bums rush! When she brought my check, I tried to ask for the refill. She placed the check on the table and turned her back on me before I could utter a word. I did not feel welcome or appreciated.

1 Thank boilerbop

Kansas City, Missouri
“Best Pizza around”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is hands down some of the best pizza around. Staff is very friendly and prices are in line with any other good pizza joint

Visited June 2012
indiana
“good stuff”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

good pizza at a good price..always good service..beer not always cold and fresh..otherwise a good convenient stop when hungry

• Visited April 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
“The Only place for Pizza in Valpo”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The best place for Pizza in Valparaiso has to be:

Gelsosomo's Pizzeria
2605 Laporte Ave,
Valparaiso, IN 46383-6904
219-477-4255

This is the place!. They have a large seating area, and can accomodate large parties as well. This pizza is one of my favorites. There are many add-ons, for the thin crust, which is served on a rack, to keep the crust crispy. Look for "Family Specials" where you can get a pitcher of soft drinks bread sticks with a large pizza for a very agreeable price. One of my favorites for years!

They also have deep dish and stuffed "Chicago Style" pizza, but of course it takes a little longer to prepare. Well worth the wait! Try an antipasto (before dinner) or garden salad while you wait.

If you're in a hurry, you can call your order in ahead of time, or arrange for a pick-up.

They also have two (2) other locations:

a) Portage, Indiana - at the intersection of US-6 and County line road (Porter/Lake).

b) Chesterton, Indiana - Indian Boundry Road [Very close to I-94 & IN-49]

• Visited May 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
“We love Gelsosomo's”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Their pizza is tied with another as favorite in Valparaiso. My husband loves their buffalo wings. We have fussy eaters in our family and everyone can find something here they like.

Visited March 2012