“We came. We ate. We believe.”

Valpo Velvet Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 9 Dessert in Valparaiso
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We read the reviews and figured we'd give it a try. OMG! The ice cream really is incredible. The chairs are hand painted to reflect the various flavors. Could the place be more charming? Nope. Did I mention that the ice cream is amazing? To say it's creamy doesn't do it justice. We might go back again before the day is over.

2  Thank cwgreene
There are newer reviews for Valpo Velvet Ice Cream

Reviewed April 8, 2013

you must try the black licorice ice cream! Suprise! Delicious! I'm sure all their flavors are, but, when I'm in town, that's what I go for.

2  Thank elache
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Homemade high-butterfat ice cream with wonderful texture and flavor. If you hit them at the right time, be sure to taste the Peach and the Coconut. Good friendly service and local family-heritage ownership. The ice cream is so good that some local grocery stores carry it. If it goes on sale, grab it!

2  Thank ValpoTraveler
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Again, longevity speaks for itself. Valpo Velvet has been around for a long time, and we know why...Yummy and great service.

2  Thank mialisa81
Reviewed November 3, 2012

If I buy ice cream it's Valpo Velvet! Everybody gets Valpo Velvet with their birthday cake at my house. My favorite - Burgundy Cherry!

3  Thank Lori M