“Processed Junk”

Suzie's Cafe & Catering
Ranked #15 of 157 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Processed Junk”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Arrived and stood in the hall for about 5 minutes as waitress aimlessly wandered by us about 4 times. Finally she asked if we wanted a table. I felt like saying "nah, just came in to stand here". I can't be certain, but I suspect she was finally clued in that we wanted to sit down by the fact that we were standing next to the 'Please wait to be seated' sign. The waitress took drink order quickly and brought them back and asked if we were ready to order. Asked for a minute so she disappeared and gave us 10. Finally ordered a roast beef club and for another $1.79 the waffle fries. I asked if they could hold back the seasoning if there was any on the waffle fries. Without looking up she quickly retorted "Nope, they all come with seasoning" I asked again, "you can't just hold an order back without it?" her quick reply "Nope, they're packaged that way". Packaged? Huh? Ok, forget the fries... just the club sandwich. 20 minutes later the sandwich arrives. Take a bite.... awe crap this is awful. Processed and preserved roast beef, "swiss" cheese that was processed cheese food, and some miracle whip or other brand of salad dressing. It tasted like the meat and "cheese" spent the prior year chemically preserved in a plastic bag. Give me a break. I went there because I had heard it was good. I could have got a better sandwich for $1.99 at the gas station.

• Visited January 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I recently went there for breakfast and enjoyed the meal. Our eggs were cooked exactly as requested and the belgian waffle was just like we like it. Hated to have to share 1/2 of it with my wife. Definitely will go back there again.

Visited October 2012
Hebron, Indiana
“Watch out!!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I ordered something that was totally not what I expected or liked, Suzie's daughter asked if I wanted something else, I said, "no just small house salad would do." She charged me full price for the food I didn't touch and charged me for my salad as well. Then she basicly told me, "deal with it". The best part is, I was a "regular" with my husband. We don't go there anymore, they get only bad reviews from me when ever asked. They should have thought about all the future sales they are missing out on. If this happened to me, then how many others has this happened to. I will be honest, for the most part the food is good and tastes very much like home made.

2 Thank ReneeinHebron
Clearwater
“great food”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have ate here numerous times this year. The food has always been good and the service is the best.Prices are reasonable and have always left feeling glad I went there...used to go to another locally owned restaurant but the owner was always crabby and rude so we switched to going here and have been glad we did.

• Visited September 2012
Schererville, Indiana
“breakfast and service is excellent”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

the omelet that I had at this restaurant was one of the best and fluffiest I ever had... wait staff was excellent

Visited March 2012