“Enjoyable Stay”

Fremont, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,815 helpful votes
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed there twice - once at the start of our trip in September and then 3 1/2 weeks later at the end of our trip. The location is very good if you want to go to Valparaiso University - many years ago my uncle had helped to put in the stained glass windows at the chapel there and I found this location to be perfect to drive over for morning services with the students there as well as see the stained glass windows and the history museum in the basement of the chapel.

The rooms were comfortable and it was nice to have both a Bob Evans andr fast food like Wendy's nearby. The first time I got in at 11:00 p.m so I went to Wendys. and the 2nd got in about 4:00 p.m. Both times check-in and check-out service was excellent and friendly. I was soon in my room. The 2nd time there were great fresh cookies to enjoy (yummy).

The rooms layout were a tad different in both but both good for a great one night stay. Beds were comfortable as well as the pillows. Sitting couch in my 2nd room was good and there was good lighting throughout the room. Housekeeping services is good.....

I ate breakfast there one morning - the price was more reasonable than Bob Evans since it includes juice, coffee, and many good breakfast items. For quality, Bob Evans next door was better. Either however would work well.

I did not use the swimming pool but it looked enjoyable (just doing too much sight seeing to swim.).

The free parking by your rooms was good. Both times I had a first floor room which worked out great......

Yeah - the hotel might have been there for a few years but overall its a good place to stay close by the major highways to get you to other places in Indiana.

On my 2nd time there it felt like I was coming home (meaning I was happy to see the place). If I am in the Valparaiso area again, I would not hesitate to book a room at this friendly happy hotel.

The brochures on the Indiana Sand Dunes area were helpful in getting me there quickly....and the information on local attractions was ok.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor if possible. Smile - you'll find this place to have a good staff...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our hotel felt like home when you came back the second time-this means a lot to us. We really appreciate your business and loyalty to us and I hope next time you are in town you take some time and enjoy the pool as well. Take care and hope to see you back soon.

Stan Iliev

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wheeling, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This property could use a refresh, but it's in pretty good shape. Pool is a little small but fine. Room was big and in good shape. Loved the whirlpool in the room! Only courtyard I've been to with a buffet (for a small fee) instead of the Bistro. Overall a decent property!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time and providing us with your feedback-this is how we learn and get better! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you choosing us for your lodging needs. We know that you have many options so we feel privileged that you decided to stay with us. We hope to see you again next time you are in town and greet you with a warm cookie and hot apple cider at the front desk.

Warm regards,

Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed September 2, 2013

this was a wonderful hotel, with a great staff. what's nice is that you always know what to expect, and it's never a let down.
everything was clean, quite and comfortable.
room was large and bright, bed was exceptional (as always), and bathroom was spacious with nice towels

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael W
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Mike,

Thank you very much for the kind words, I'll make sure and pass on your compliments to the staff as I know they'll appreciate it. I'm really glad we continue to serve you well and thank you for your loyalty. Hope to see you back soon!
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed August 22, 2013

My team stayed here almost weekly from May through August. Do not expect much and you won't be disappointed. This Courtyard needs updating. There is no Bistro, so no espresso in the morning or drinks in the evening. There is a breakfast buffet that is extra unless you work it into your room rate as we did. Also no dinner service at all. The rooms are old and sometimes smelled musty. The windows opened, but there were no screens so you couldn't get any fresh air. Not all the rooms had thermostats, some still had the old under-the-window units. It's 2 stories and there isn't an elevator. The workout room is upstairs so there wasn't anyway to avoid them. I won't miss them, that's for sure. However, housekeeping did a good jobs cleaning up the rooms, making sure you had enough towels and generally tidying up after you. The desk staff was always very nice and greeted us warmly every time we checked in.

Room Tip: Get a room opposite the street. They are very quiet. Do not let them give you an adjoining room. The...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Clare,

Thank you very much for taking the time and providing us with your feedback, I'm glad our housekeepers provided you with service to your likings and I'll work deligently on making some changes and improving the property. I agree with you that we are an older property and the lack of elevator is definetly not ideal but we have someone at the desk 24/7 to assist and carry our guests' bags upstairs in case first floor rooms are not available. We are already working on few projects and will have a lots of changes in the upcoming months. Thak you again for staying with us and for your business!
Best regards,

Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our room with king bed was larger than expected and spotlessly clean. The bed was extremely comfortable with lovely bedding and five pillows. Senior couple stayed two nights as we're in area for a wedding. The lobby is beautiful. The only downside is that there are two floors but no elevator. However three staff members insisted on taking our luggage to the second floor to our room. We did not have time to use the pools but they looked very nice and are right by the lobby. We did not eat there so cannot review the food quality. The staff was very polite and helpful with directions to places and immediately brought more coffee to our room for their coffee pot. There was also a small fridge in our room at no extra charge. We would definitely recommend this Courtyard by Marriott to anyone traveling in this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if using stairs is a problem.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dmbohio
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thank you for the great feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I'm happy to know you'll consider us for your lodging needs next time you are in town. If you have more time next visit you should really try our indoor/outdoor pool, it is heated, the water is amazing, and I guarantee you it will be an enjoyable experience. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon.
Stan Iliev General Manager
Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great place to stay and travel to Chicago for the sightseeing! We stayed in this hotel because we couldn't find any vacancies in Marriott hotels near Chicago during our visit. It was also on the way to our other location Columbus, OH.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. I'm certainly glad our location was convenient for you and you had a great stay. Next time you are in town or just passing through please stop by and see us again, we would be happy to accomodate you again. Thank you again for your business and loyalty.

Take Care,

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Courtyard used to be a premium brand. This hotel is showing its age. The lobby was updated but the rooms halls are dated and the mattresses are saggy and worn out.

The pool is dirty (hairballs and slimy) with a water leak dripping from plumbing above. Gross.

We'll be staying somewhere newer our next time through Valpo.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank gwgfgirl
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. The hotel is currently going through stages of renovation-the lobby is finished and soon the carpet in the hallways will be replaced. Our main entrance door is soon to be replaced with sliding doors and the Café area is being updated. I do apologize for the pool not being operational at the time of your stay, we had to close it due to unexpected mechanical issue for couple of days. All repairs have been made and the facility was open again on Monday and we again have a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool. Please visit us again soon and enjoy all the changes we are making to ensure every guest has a perfect stay.
Stan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Porter

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso? Share your experiences!