The hotel was just ok. Here are the good & bad:
- Comfortable bed & pillows, which is a huge plus considering the crap you get at some hotels.
- The room in general was clean & comfortable.
- Bathroom was clean & shower was nice, shower head was installed high enough for a tall person.
- Outdated, the hotel really needs a renovation, in particular the lobby.
- The breakfast was terrible. I had forgotten that I booked a rate that included breakfast and I wish I would not have. I would NEVER have paid $7 for the crappy breakfast, it was no different than what you usually get for free at other hotels. The "fresh" fruit was all canned fruit, typical white bread and bad pastries. The worst part was the eggs & potatoes were all very cold. We did say something when checking out about the cold food, which they apparently knew about. No offer for reimbursement (I did not ask for it, but nothing was offered). I also think the "waitresses" they have serving coffee & juice were completely unnecessary, I can get my own coffee and save myself the $1 tip when I'm already getting the rest of the food myself.
- No elevator. This is not a big deal for me, I'm perfectly capable of carrying my luggage up a flight of steps but it's just unexpected, you expect hotels to have an elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso is one of Northwest Indiana's Valparaiso hotels that puts you right where you want to be. Adjacent to Valparaiso University, the Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso is perfect for parents or other University guests and visitors. This is also one of the most convenient of the Valparaiso hotels for those doing business with Pratt Industries, Emerson, Task Force Tips or Urschel Labs. Just minutes from Valparaiso's award-winning downtown dining district and the famed Strongbow Turkey Inn, the Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso offers well-appointed guest rooms with free high-speed Internet. Just off Rt. 49 and US 30, it is ideal for enjoying an event at the Porter County Expo Center, a day at the Indiana Dunes, shopping at Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets, splashing at Deep River Waterpark or visiting any of the nearby casino boats. For kids, we offer the Nickelodeon Your Stay Program - a great way to help your little traveler enjoy their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Valparaiso Hotel Valparaiso
- Valparaiso Courtyard
- Valparaiso Marriott