“Unique Courtyard”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Unique Courtyard”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We were here literally for one night for a function at a friend's house and we didn't want to have to drive back to the city afterwards. Very clean rooms and very friendly staff. The pool looked very nice although we didn't use it. We could hear our neighbors but that seems to my usual experience at most hotels. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Omaha
Reviewed July 1, 2012

There was no one at the desk when we arrived, so we waited. The lobby is outdated, but not dirty. It was loud (not the hotel's fault, just packed full of guests running around). People were waiting at the desk for pool towels, of which they had none to hand out. We got our room and checked in after about 10 minutes at the desk. The room was outdated and very small. I am guessing they are remodeling and we got an old room?? We had to move the bedside table to be able to open the pull-out couch. There was no free floor space in the room for suitcases. There were bugs (which don't bother me, so it didn't make us want to move). I killed the bugs, squooshed everyone in and we slept fine. Just very outdated and very small. Not our typical Courtyard experience. Free parking, plenty of it. Further off the interstate than I would have liked, but that was our error in booking. Breakfast was excellent, but not free. That caught me off guard, as we were expecting breakfast to be included, but we ate anyway after a debate... It was your typical hot-cold continental breakfast served at most hotels - waffles you make yourself, fruit, yogurt, bread choices, etc. It was a good breakfast, but not worth the cost. The restaurant staff was WONDERFUL. Very nice and kept the place spotless.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay. I apologize for the issues you had experienced during your stay. I have taken these issues to my associates to use for training to prevent these issues from taking place in the future. I am also happy to hear that you were treated well during your stay and were able to enjoy our breakfast. I am also happy to hear that you felt our establishment is very clean. Thank you again for your feedback as it is very valuable to us to continuously improve our hotel. Take care.

Ruth Hoover

Travelers are raving about these Valparaiso hotels

Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I had business in Michigan City and had to stay the week. Finding few hotels in Michigan City I opted to stay in Valparaiso and commute. The Courtyard is easy access to major highways making the commute easy. The hotel is clean, friendly and well-maintained. The rooms were sufficiently large and quiet. My only complaints were a too loud refridgerator and a door lock that kept wanting to remain open--problems that were met with courtesy and quickly resolved. The pool is a bit small and I was surprised to find the breakfast buffet was not complimentary, which was common for most Courtyards. However, the cost was well worth the variety and quality of the food. I will be returning again in a few months and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel is basicially a series of halls moving away from a central core of the pool, front desk, f...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Curtis S
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was simply the best place I found with value for several nights stay. If your AAA member then look no further. Stay here and enjoy the wonderful real breakfast. Great hotel and had better nights stay here then in Chicago at a 4star on Magnificient Mile.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank k n
columbus ohio
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Your typical Courtyard Marriott but with a great staff. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The rooms were average but clean. The hotel was quiet, (get a room on the backside facing the woods). The only drawback there was no free breakfast. There was a restaurant for breakfast but it was $6.95/person and did not look that appetizing. There are restaurants nearby, walking distance for other food. The Hotel is very convenient to the university.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside of the hotel facing the woods, it will be quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travelerColumbusOhio
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The staff at the Courtyard Valparaiso was by far the friendliest that I have come across in quite some time. From check-in to check-out and in between. Two different housekeepers warmly greeted me in the morning as I passed by in the hallway on my way out. I would especially like to recognize Betty who was working the front desk in the morning as I could tell that she genuinely cared how my stay was. What a rockstar employee you have! Also, the room was very clean and the air conditioning was very effective and quiet. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Aaron E
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Cons: Only Pet Friendly hotel in Valpo, they take advantage of this by charging a $75 Non-refundable pet fee. Facility is dated, rooms are motel 6 quality, which is fitting because its right accross the street from Walmart. Walls are paper thin, expect to be disturbed by this. Not your typical Marriott Courtyard.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank robtguy
Ruth H, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
We are very excited to be getting a renovation that should be completed by mid-summer. We also pride ourselves on exceeding our guests' expectations by providing excellent service. Thank you very much for your feedback. We always strive to exceed expectations. I apologize that we were not able to do that for your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss any other concerns you may have. Thank you and have a great day.

Ruth Hoover
Courtyard Valparaiso
219-465-1700
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso
Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Porter

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso? Share your experiences!