“Alway creative”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lafayette Street
Transit: V Line Downtown Valparaiso
Description: Located in historic downtown Valparaiso, Bistro 157 serves an internationally influenced eclectic menu in an upscale, but casually "hip" ambiance. Chef Nicole trained in France 5 years and brings to your table gourmet cuisine paired with wines from a Wine Spectator Award Winning list.
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Wow, this chef can cook her heart out. She is creative and comes up with the best dishes. It is pricey, but it is a good meal! Keep up the good work.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I am actually writing this review in the restaurant. I believe the owner is waiting tables tonight. My salad was good, but my salmon "the special" was way overlooked! I was expecting more.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is it - the best restaurant in Valpo. Try the schnitzel.

Reviewed February 28, 2012

...and it was love at first sight. We enjoyed the food and the wine. Our server was extremely patient with us considering we were pretty much ignoring everything but each other. In the end we ate and drank and will return here for the anniversary of our first meeting. I have to give it 5 starts because...I met my wife here.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

My wife and I dine out often. We'll think nothing of driving into Chicago for a great dining experience. But our favorite restaurant of all is right here in our home town. Bistro 157 is simply the finest restaurant we patronize. The food is amazing. Chef/owner Nicole Bissonnette, trained at Le Cordon Bleu in France, does a remarkable job of keeping the menu fresh and interesting. Indeed, the menu has so many tempting offerings it is hard to make up ones mind. And then Marlene, (our favorite server) describes the daily specials and I am back to square one! Bistro 157 has a warm, cozy and elegant atmosphere. Like the food, service is consistently excellent. Servers know the menu well and are helpful when it comes to paring wine with your meal. Bistro is open for lunch and dinner (but closes for a couple hours in-between). Bistro is great value for the money - especially for lunch with many menu and daily specials offered between 8 and 10 bucks. Bon appetit.

1  Thank marioambrose