“Best restaurant in Valpo”
Review of BISTRO 157 - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lafayette Street
Transit: V Line Downtown Valparaiso
Description: Located in historic downtown Valparaiso, Bistro 157 serves an internationally influenced eclectic menu in an upscale, but casually "hip" ambiance. Chef Nicole trained in France 5 years and brings to your table gourmet cuisine paired with wines from a Wine Spectator Award Winning list.
NW Indiana
“Best restaurant in Valpo”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is it - the best restaurant in Valpo. Try the schnitzel.

Chicago area
“I met my wife here...”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

...and it was love at first sight. We enjoyed the food and the wine. Our server was extremely patient with us considering we were pretty much ignoring everything but each other. In the end we ate and drank and will return here for the anniversary of our first meeting. I have to give it 5 starts because...I met my wife here.

• Visited June 2011
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
“One of the midwest's finest restaurants”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My wife and I dine out often. We'll think nothing of driving into Chicago for a great dining experience. But our favorite restaurant of all is right here in our home town. Bistro 157 is simply the finest restaurant we patronize. The food is amazing. Chef/owner Nicole Bissonnette, trained at Le Cordon Bleu in France, does a remarkable job of keeping the menu fresh and interesting. Indeed, the menu has so many tempting offerings it is hard to make up ones mind. And then Marlene, (our favorite server) describes the daily specials and I am back to square one! Bistro 157 has a warm, cozy and elegant atmosphere. Like the food, service is consistently excellent. Servers know the menu well and are helpful when it comes to paring wine with your meal. Bistro is open for lunch and dinner (but closes for a couple hours in-between). Bistro is great value for the money - especially for lunch with many menu and daily specials offered between 8 and 10 bucks. Bon appetit.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank marioambrose
“Consistently wonderful.”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Every time we visit Bistro 157 we are pleased. The service is always attentive but not overbearing. The specials always sound so taste tempting that it is hard to choose. We have also tried regular menu items and enjoyed those also. I need to get back and see if the escargot is back on the menu... that was so good. The atmosphere is pleasant and sometimes we will just pop in for and appetizer or dessert .

• Visited September 2011
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
“Simply Wonderful”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

The outside of this restaurant gave us no hint of the creativity we would find inside. Bistro 157 deserves all the rave reviews we've read! Chef/owner Nicole is definitely a master at her craft! My husband raved about his fish and chips, highly recommended by our knowledgeable and very professional waiter, David. My ahi tuna plate was a special of the night ... absolutely delicious to the very last grain of sticky rice. Valpo is one very lucky town to have such an amazing restaurant to brag about for the past 11 years.

• Visited September 2011