“Are you kidding??”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Valparaiso
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Where do I start? We checked in and the first room we were given had an air conditioner vent partially blocked. When we reported it, we were told that all the room's vents were the same way. We asked to check another room of the same type and found that the new room had a fully working vent. The doors do not close lightly, they slam. Because the walls are thin, I heard every door slamming through the night. The door handle fell off our room door and it took all day for someone to come and fix it. Thank goodness there wasn't a fire! There is only 1 table with 3 chairs for the entire indoor pool area. There are rooms right next to the elevators and gym and bathrooms! One morning they ran out of white bread and didn't offer to get more and we had to remind him that there was no bread out on another morning!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kumonkeymom

Reviewed March 24, 2010

We stayed two nights and booked the romance package in a whirlpool suite. The hotel is new and very clean. It is conveniently located to downtown and very close to the Valpo Opera House, the reason for our trip. We had an awesome TV, a comfy king bed with coffee, micro, and fridge in the room. Breakfast was hot and plentiful. The package gave us breakfast off a menu brought up to our room, a bottle of champagne and chocolates, a bag of micro corn, 2 bottles of water, and a late check out. It was quite a good deal. The staff were very very nice. We had an excellent stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deeno14
Reviewed February 10, 2009

We stayed two nights during Christmas vacation to attend a wedding nearby. The hotel was very quiet because of the timing of our visit. The folks at the desk were courteous and helpful. The room was fresh and clean, and overall, it was a wonderful stay. My only criticism of the hotel was that the hot tub was more like a warm tub (bathtub). They need to turn up the heat. But I would definitely go back--it was a great value for the quality of the accommodations.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank dgandrg
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I'll keep this short and sweet. New, clean, and comfortable. The beds were also very comfortable to the point of not wanting to get out of them! TV's in the rooms are flat-screens and decent selections of channels. I didn't eat the breakfast in the hotel as it didn't work with my schedule, but it is available. This is the choice for a great stay while in Valparaiso, especially if going to the University. I wasn't there for a University visit, but it is a block away from campus.

Staff was friendly and helpful, to top off a number of reasons to be here.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank wouldbeworldtraveler
Reviewed July 28, 2008

From the time I made my reservation, to checking in at the front desk, to the end of my stay the service was excellent.

Friendly and helpful staff even helped me plan my trip into Chicago! The front desk attendant helped me with ideas and which trains to take on the South Shore line to the city!

VERY clean, attractive, pleasant. Excellent breakfast selection. Very reasonable rates for such a nice hotel with a convenient location!

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank LoveToTravel555
Reviewed May 9, 2008

I was down for a horse show and stayed at Country Inn & Suites . It's very clean and very quite, and the staff is very polite. They will help you with any problems that you need. I had a suite, it was very nice and clean and big. The internet connection was hard to get since it was wireless and no instructions, but I got it. This new and clean place is totally worth it, and it's afforable!

I geuss the only complaint I would have would be the hot tub should be little bit warmer. But, I wouldn't say that is a complaint!

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed April 29, 2008

This hotel is new, clean, quiet and ideally located in Valpo. The staff is attentive and polite. Breakfast was designed to please all tastes- fresh fruit, awesome waffles, muffins, great sausages. The lobby is inviting with a lending library if you want something to read. Loved our stay and give it our highest recommendation. Nothing iffy about this place.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank terrla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso? Share your experiences!