“Very disappointed.”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Valparaiso
Mount Pleasant, Pa. USA
“Very disappointed.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our rooms were reserved a month in advance by my brother. We traveled 11 hours to get there. I am a widow and was there with my sister and brother in law to celebrate my brother and sister in laws 50th anniversary who lives in Indiana. We were to have rooms side by side but I got sent upstairs. That was a disaster...the bus load of Chinese were out in the hall making so much noise and talking in Chinese. I was up most of the night. I know you gave me a reduction in the price but I think it should have been more than what you gave me for the hastle that I went through. I am 75 years old. I do have to tell you that the room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. You put out a very nice breakfast for your guests and I did enjoy that until the Chinese gang came in and they just took over the whole place so we left. The second morning, we had to leave at 6am to start for Pa. as it is an 11 hour drive home so did not get to eat. breakfast. .

Room Tip: I would recommend your place to all travelers to stay there. If it was not for the mix up with the r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eleanor P
Derrick L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Hello Eleanor,

I am glad that you found our rooms to be comfortable and that you would stay here again! It's always nice to see familiar faces.

I am truly sorry about not being able to keep you near your family during stay. I am also sorry about the noise levels throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and share your experience with me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Martinez, California
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just a hidden treasure of a good, clean, well-run hotel with a manager who gives a damn. Best bang for the buck. Convient to highways to get to Chicago or the South Shore Railroad ( an electric inter-urban), as well as East. Beats Chicago rates and, if you like, you can access Chicago via either expressway, tollway/skybridge, or rhe old Route U.S. 41 which you pickup to the west, or via I-80/94; old Rt. 41 takes you on South Lake Shore Drive to Lake Shore Drive along Chicago's lakefront (Very nice drive): That makes staying in Valpo. even more attractive. Also, very close to the Indiana Dunes State Park as well as The Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. I've been staying there every trip I make to NW Indiana as I don't like the other hotels in Valpo., it's close to Chicago, amd the staff is freindly and helpful. Much nicer than a room I paid much more for at the O'hare Airport Hilton for two nights recently. No problem/no hassle hotel. And, it's quiet and has great beds. Stay there, you'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: Just expect that you will be very happy with this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New York, NY
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Upon arrival we were exhausted and the front desk girl Ashley went above and beyond for us upon our arrival and our entire stay. It's a nice change to stay somewhere where hospitality is #1. Great stay, the only complaint I have is, while the staff was friendly, I felt there wasn't enough staff. There was not a breakfast attendant the entire time we were there and when walking up to the front desk, you could see that the front desk person was ALWAYS in the back folding laundry or a sign was out on the counter because the 1 staff member on duty was away from the desk helping another guest. Definately under-staffed but other than that the room was GREAT, the employees were WONDERFUL (just need more of them) and we will be returning.

Room Tip: great place to stay I am sure any room would be great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Country Inn & Suites was great for the long weekend we had in Valparaiso. The staff was very professional, courteous, accommodating, and pleasant. The rooms were up-to-date, clean, and quiet. We were right next to the elevator, but couldn't hear it when in our room.
The room had plenty of space for two double beds. Nice desk, extra chair, two beds, and big cradenza with a flat-screen TV, microwave and mini-fridge. Hair dryer in each room.
Only complaints is that water pressure on the third floor wasn't great, and the hot tub was more like bath-water.
I was very impressed with this affordable hotel! Very affordable, and with the great variety in breakfast items, large rooms and cleanliness, it was a great value!!

Room Tip: Third floor you will wait for an elevator, but stairs on each side of hotel aren't too far from...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Derek and all his staff were great. The breakfast was good but there never seemed to be an attendant there. I like this brand but we are fairly new to it. This is the 2nd one we stayed at in a week and we will do so again as our vacation continues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dr Rory O
Derrick L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dr. Rory O,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. Hopefully, we will see you again when you come through Valparaiso! I am also glad to hear you enjoy the brand as a whole; Country Inn and Suites by Carlson are great hotels!

Thanks!
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed last week and had 3 sleeping room. Our stay was wonderful. The staff was amazing and so helpful. Breakfast was really good and the hotel is clean! I slept like a baby :")

Thank you to a very wonderful staff! Great job!!!

Room Tip: This is a great hotel for a business traveler also.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TimChicago_IL,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property! Our Serta mattresses are very comfortable and easy to get a great night sleep. Hopefully, we will see you again when you come through Valparaiso!

Thanks.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here for two nights on a family trip heading out west. The rooms were comfortable, but, in need of some updating and cleaning. The carpet in our room was heavily stained. The exhaust fan (belts/bearings?) in the pool area were very loud and kept squeeling continuously. The breakfast was average. They provided porcelin plates/coffee mugs and metal flatware rather than paper and plastic that you normally would see. My only complaint about breakfast was they ran out of coffee and when I brought this to the attendants attention, she said she would make more when she got time. As a coffee drinker, I have to have coffee in the morning and was pretty disappointed that they would run out in the first place, but, then not get it made immediately. I ended up having to go out and buy coffee. I paid $159.94 plus 5,000 points for this two night stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage
Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso? Share your experiences!