“Great staff”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Valparaiso
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great staff”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Derek and all his staff were great. The breakfast was good but there never seemed to be an attendant there. I like this brand but we are fairly new to it. This is the 2nd one we stayed at in a week and we will do so again as our vacation continues.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dr Rory O
Derrick L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dr. Rory O,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our property. Hopefully, we will see you again when you come through Valparaiso! I am also glad to hear you enjoy the brand as a whole; Country Inn and Suites by Carlson are great hotels!

Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed last week and had 3 sleeping room. Our stay was wonderful. The staff was amazing and so helpful. Breakfast was really good and the hotel is clean! I slept like a baby :")

Thank you to a very wonderful staff! Great job!!!

Room Tip: This is a great hotel for a business traveler also.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TimChicago_IL,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property! Our Serta mattresses are very comfortable and easy to get a great night sleep. Hopefully, we will see you again when you come through Valparaiso!

Thanks.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We stayed here for two nights on a family trip heading out west. The rooms were comfortable, but, in need of some updating and cleaning. The carpet in our room was heavily stained. The exhaust fan (belts/bearings?) in the pool area were very loud and kept squeeling continuously. The breakfast was average. They provided porcelin plates/coffee mugs and metal flatware rather than paper and plastic that you normally would see. My only complaint about breakfast was they ran out of coffee and when I brought this to the attendants attention, she said she would make more when she got time. As a coffee drinker, I have to have coffee in the morning and was pretty disappointed that they would run out in the first place, but, then not get it made immediately. I ended up having to go out and buy coffee. I paid $159.94 plus 5,000 points for this two night stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I had a pleasant stay in this property (mid-week). The location is great with easy access to major roads and to Valparaiso University. The room was spacious and well-appointed with a large closet, iron and ironing board. The bed was comfortable with good pillows. Breakfast was lackluster but sufficient. The main plus was the very nice employees. Each person I encountered went out of his/her way to be sure that my stay was enjoyable. They helped to make it so.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chattnooga, tn
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I am staying at Country Inn & Suites in Valparaiso, In. I am on assignment and this place has made it very pleasent. Rooms have a great layout, very nice housekeeping and wounderful management. Place is close to all the amenties and the staff is very helpful in the hotel and out with local info ie. resturants, cleaners, grocerys (for the little refirdge in the room), gas stations, indoor pool and hot tub my wife enjoyed. They have done what it takes to make me confortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the vicinity.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill121
Chicago
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My fiance and I stayed here for a college reunion weekend. The hotel is new and clean, but man is it noisy! It seemed like a cheaply built house with no noise insulation between rooms and between the floors. We could hear people walking above us, walking in the hallway, talking in rooms near us, etc.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vengajen
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Moved to this hotel from the Country Inn & Suites in Portage, which was borderline filthy. By contrast, this hotel was very clean and the staff was courteous and responsive. The hotel is very convenient to many restaurants and merchants and, of course, across the street from Valparaiso University. Room decor is typical and of typical quality for this type of hotel, and outside of a broken door handle on the swimming pool room (which had a temporary handle in place), the property appeared to be very well maintained. Bedding comfort was good for this class of hotel. We were staying during an off-peak time, which meant that room selection was good and breakfasts were not crowded. Since the staff--including the general manager, Vinny--knew that we had changed hotels, they inquired daily to ensure that we were happy with our stay at their property.

However, I share a previous reviewer's comment about Internet connectivity. Our final evening there, it appeared that we had sporadic to no Internet connectivity for a few hours;. The front desk rebooted the equipment, but ultimately blamed Comcast, and my own troubleshooting work appeared to support their conclusion. I discovered that connectivity was in fact good, but domain name resolution with the supplied Comcast servers was failing; altering the DNS server configuration in my computer with known good servers restored my own connectivity, but I suspect that a majority of the hotel's users would not have uncovered this problem. This problem appeared to be entirely out of the hands of hotel management, but nevertheless very frustrating for hotel guests.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank JGoodish
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage
Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso? Share your experiences!