“Very nice Bed and Breakfast”
Review of Inn at Aberdeen

Inn at Aberdeen
Ranked #2 of 2 Valparaiso B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I spent our 40th anniversary at the Inn at Aberdeen. Very clean and well managed B & B. Our major complaints were that the room we booked did not have a tv in the bedroom. The large Jacuzzi was not as large as others we have had. The breakfasts were good, but not as good as others. Everyone was very friendly. The first morning of two we had to eat breakfast in the kitchen. Very nice for the value.

Room Tip: If you want TV in your bedroom, do not book the Alloway suite.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
relaxing_time_612, Owner at Inn at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thanks for staying at the Inn at Aberdeen. You selected the apartment for your lodging with its kitchen, living room and king bedroom rather than our Timberlake Suites. Alloway originally had a bedroom TV in addition to the living room one, but guests wanted a larger Jacuzzi, so that TV was removed to accommodate the 5x5 oversized tub. Our regular suites have the 2-seater Capella. We had a group from Christ College (Valparaiso Univ.) the one morning you were there - thus the kitchen. Some folks really like eating there with the windows and chance to talk with the chef.
Happy 40th and hope to see you back.

There are newer reviews for Inn at Aberdeen

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have been on a trip throughout Canada and the US Great Lakes area. The Inn at Aberdeen is more or less a mix between bed and breakfast and hotel. The rooms are big and have all amenities. Big bathroom, solid comfortable bed, etc. The hotel offers fresh cakes, beverages and coffee/tee at all times. It is nicely settled between some old trees and has a nice surrounding area with pavillion and such. We really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 59Kulturreisender59
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We have been visitors to the Inn at Aberdeen for over 10 years & never tire of returning - This most recent trip was for our anniversary & we are now planning for quarterly return visits at a minimum - The Inn is beautiful, classy, & a great experience from start to finish
p.s. I highly suggest you request Bill's waffles for breakfast when you make your reservation!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pedsrusscott
Reviewed July 20, 2010

My wife and I got married on July 3 and stayed at the Aberdeen Inn for 7 nights. It was a great place to stay for our honeymoon! It was very romantic and cozy. The room was very clean. It had its own bathroom with a jacuzzi tub which was very nice for the honeymoon. The breakfasts were all very delicious and ranged from waffles and french toast to broccoli and cheese quiche and an egg and cheese casserole with bacon on top. Great orange juice, coffee, and wonderful yogurt parfaits each morning. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. There were soft drinks, coffee, cheesecake and other snacks available 24/7 that were great for those late night indulgences. It was a great first week as a married couple and we look forward to going back for as many anniversaries as we can get back for! I would definitely recommend this for a honeymoon or for a quick weekend getaway!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2010

My husband and I were given a night's stay at the Inn for our anniversary. We loved every minute of it. The room was beautiful, the breakfast was delicious, and the service was superb. My only complaint is that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2010

For an early Christmas present my husband gave me a much needed "weekend away" because we both work long hours and see each other rarely. The Inn had been recommended to him by friends who had several family gatherings there and were quite pleased. Directions we were given by the Inn Keeper were perfect and we found the Inn with no problems. The place was beautifully decorated and very clean, not just for the beautiful Xmas decor but the room(Balmoral room) was very romantic. We had a dinner romance package and the Inn keeper was very helpful with providing lots of choices for us as well as directions. I felt safer staying at the Inn than I have in some of the larger hotels I've stayed at in Chicago on buisness. The room was clean, fireplace and jacuzzi made for a wonderful weekend getaway. We both enjoyed a "late night snack" of fresh brewed coffee and cheese cake in the sitting room by the lobby area. Breakfast both days were amazing - one was a cheese and egg soufle with maple sausages and the next morning was an apple french toast with warm apple cinnamon sauce(and to die for!) I will deffinatley make return trips to the Inn - thank you for making our weekend special!!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2010

I stay at the Inn frequently on business travel, and the staff are always kind and courteous. The rooms are always spacious, clean, and comfortable. It is a very welcomed change from the typical business hotel. Breakfast is generous, healthy, and the servers are pleasant and accomodating. I have read some negative reviews, and I have to wonder what frame of mind the writer was in as I've stayed at the Inn at least a dozen times over the past few years, and I've never experienced ANY of the issues those guests referred to. If you are looking for a nice getaway, I highly recommend the Inn at Aberdeen.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Michigantraveler10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valparaiso
WaterBird Lakeside Inn
WaterBird Lakeside Inn
#4 of 5 in Chesterton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Valparaiso
Hampton Inn & Suites Valparaiso
Hilton Garden Inn Chesterton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portage
Holiday Inn Express Valparaiso

Been to Inn at Aberdeen? Share your experiences!