El Salto Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 163 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband is Mexican and he finds the food not only authentic, but delicious. I especially like the Shrimp tacos. He especially enjoys the meals that are more like a home made meal, similar to Stew or Pot roast. The atmosphere is festive. Only problem is that the service can be slow.

1  Thank Ramirocheryl

Reviewed June 6, 2013

went there on june 6, 2013. terrible service. waited 15 minutes at the table and no one showed up to take our order. we left and will NEVER be back. yes, they were busy but there were waiters walking past us constantly and no one even acknowledged us.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We went to El Salto May 24th and had a terrible time. We had a bad waitress(took our drink order but never got drinks) and after an hour and twenty minutes ,NO FOOD. After waiting 40 minutes to sit , and we were told 20. We talked to the manager and he just stared at us and said nothing. So we got up and left 4 year old with us that was now upset, tired and hungry. We were seated at 8:00pm and got up and left at 9:20pm. I know restaurant's get busy , and we are extremely patient people, but we just couldn't take it. Cannot recommend restaurant to anyone and we will NOT be going back.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Went there on a Saturday early evening. After a hot day in the sun, the Burrito Deluxe and a 22 oz. glass of cold beer hit the spot. Service is friendly and quick, and the atmosphere is festive and upbeat. The place can fill up quick, so either get there early or expect a 10 minute wait, although turnover is quick. Owner is a friendly person, who has opened up 3-4 other El Salto's in NW Indiana and is just trying to make the community a better place. I always enjoy the place and often get a dinner to go.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I actually usually go to their restaurant in Munster, IN, rather than the one in Valpo. I have been to all 3 restaurants (they also have one in Chesterton...and a new one just opened in Merrillville that I haven't been to yet). I love their fajitas, and their tacos, and their burritos. It's a fun night out with good food and great Margaritas. The service is always good. Went to the Munster location for my daughter's birthday and the staff sang, took her picture, and let her spin a wheel (she's 25 by the way) to win a free dessert.