“If you love turkey, this is the place for you.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Strongbow Inn - CLOSED

Strongbow Inn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: Refined Comfort Food.We are closed on Monday. Restaurant hours are Tuesday- Sunday 11am to 9pm and Sunday we are open for Brunch from 10am to 2pm. Bow Bar hours: Tuesday -Saturday 11am to 11pm. Featuring live music every Friday from 8pm to 11pm in the Bow Bar.
Merrillville, Indiana
“If you love turkey, this is the place for you.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've found my visits for lunch and dinner quite satisfying. I've attended a Christmas party and a Women's Ministry Conference at the banquet facilities. The food is quite good, especially the turkey schnitzel. The turkey pot pie is delicious made with turkey, potatoes and gravy and not all the veggies that normal pot pies have. That works for me because I don't like peas and carrots.

My favorite part of the whole experience is their bakery which is strategically placed in the lobby so that you have to pass the bakery to wait to be seated in the dining room. The homemade rolls are great. I always leave with a dozen fresh baked rolls to take home. I've often made the 30 minute drive just to buy some of the baked goods. The bakery is awesome and the treats are also aesthetically pleasing.

• Visited January 2012

Valparaiso, Indiana
“Not sure why this place is so popular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I've tried the dinner in the restaurant and I've tried the brunch. I've even tried the breakfast buffet at our company meetings. I won't eat here again. I disliked the food very much. Its not very good quality and you can tell a lot of the items come frozen. This definitely seems like a place my grandparents would've liked 25 years ago. The best thing about this place is the bakery. All of the desserts are amazing and I stop here often to sample from the case.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Laura99IN
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Pretty good dinning”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This place is a little quirky. It was right next to the Hampton where we were staying. We got right in. The menu is heavily turkey. It apparently is a specialty. We opted for the Prime Rib and the crab cakes. The meal was pretty average, but the service was very good.

• Visited November 2012
“Love it now”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

This restaurant is located in the small town of Valparaiso, close to Hi US 30 and easy to find. It has been here as long as I remember and has quite a following. I've never been that thrilled about it because I'm not all that fond of turkey even though I do admit they make the best turkey I've ever had. Now, however, after tasting the Turkey Snitzel Salad served with a lemon wedge, I am hooked. It is the best salad in town. Filling, cooked to perfection turkey and the lettuce is crisp, fresh and the dressing has just the right amount of lemon flavor. Amazingly good. I'll be back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Schererville, Indiana
“Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

This lunch was with a very good priest friend of mine who celebrated 25 years in the priesthood. I was unable to attend the formal function for him. Fortunately, I was able to spend a few hours with him discussing old times, politics and religion.
This restaurant is one of his favorites.
The food was very good and the servce was good. I would definitely return there for lunch or dinner.

• Visited November 2012