“Overpriced and old-fashioned”

Strongbow Inn
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Refined Comfort Food.We are closed on Monday. Restaurant hours are Tuesday- Sunday 11am to 9pm and Sunday we are open for Brunch from 10am to 2pm. Bow Bar hours: Tuesday -Saturday 11am to 11pm. Featuring live music every Friday from 8pm to 11pm in the Bow Bar.
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Overpriced and old-fashioned”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The prices are ridiculous for menur items that focus on turkey. It looks like a gathering of senior citizens when you walk into the place. This restaurant has obviously seen better days from a decorating standpoint. I can't imagine anyone young going here unless it was to take their grandma -- and hopefully she would pick up the tab!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Rosemarie27

Gary, Indiana, United States
“You you like dry and favorless food, go to Strongbow's.”
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

Very big disappointement. I went here for thanksgiving one year and tried a little bit of everything. I will not go back.
I was also informed by an employee that the owners would rather throw away the left overs from their buffets then give it to the homeless. Sad.

1 Thank Ron K
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great restaurant slipping”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have been a customer of the stongbow inn for 20 years. My wife and I drive 30 miles out of our way about twice a month so that we can dine at the inn. Unfortunately, we have found that standards appear to slipping. My wife loves coffee - she loved the inn's coffee; however, recently they changed brands of coffee to one that is bitter and buirnt tasting. It doesn't even smell good. I am a tea drinker - before when i asked for hot tea I was given a selection of Bigelow teas but now I am just given a tea bag for Gordon Food Service, a discount supplier. In terms of service - I ordered hot tea that arrived without a teaspoon to stir it on my last 3 visits. We were given rolls with butter but no butter knife as we received before.

• Visited June 2012
Chesterton, Indiana
“Elegance”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is a nice, quiet elegant restaurant with good service, and a pretty good menu. I would like to see it expanded. Nice place to go on a date, or entertain good friends.

Visited March 2012
Remington, Indiana
“Long time there-getting better with age”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Strongbow Inn started and still specializes in turkey, but have a well-rounded, excellent menu, at mid-range prices. We have eaten there several times in the last month as we went to Valpo for business, and are fully satisfied.

Special thanks to all of the friendly staff, who obviously have been trained to serve well, and do an excellent job.

• Visited May 2012