“another little hideaway”

Greek's Pizzeria-Downtown
Ranked #18 of 162 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The pizza was really, really good, price was right. They have something call Knots and wow are they good...but the building is old and well warn. It could a good cleaning, but the food is great

There are newer reviews for Greek's Pizzeria-Downtown

Reviewed February 4, 2012

I read the reviews before going here and they were across the board. Some said great and some said horrible. I went with my boyfriend on a Saturday night about 6:15. I found the atmosphere to be alright. Like others have said, you seat yourself and order at the counter in the center but after that we had a waitress who served us. The kitchen is open which is nice because you can see them making your food, but it makes for loud, warm quarters in their small restaurant.
The service was good! They seemed busy and a little frazzled, like they could have used a couple more hands, but they were friendly and attentive, even when I asked to change something on my order.
The food was very good! I always just get pepperoni on my pizza the first time I go somewhere. The pizza was a greasy, thin, crispy crust which was fantastic! Whatever cheese blend they use is amazing! Also, the server said they had a double crust if you prefer a thicker crust. Their garlic knots live up to their hype! They were light and soaked in garlic butter - delicious! I didn't even have room for the nearly dozen different sweet knots to choose from as well!
Will definetly be visiting again and recommending to all!
PLEASE NOTE: They don't take credit/debit cards for any charge under $35. So be prepared if you only have 2-3 people because you probably won't spend that much. (We spent $26 + tip). They have an ATM but it was down when we were there so we had to leave and come back with cash.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I've had a problem with the teenagers but the management is just horrible and exceptionally rude. I ordered pizza from here one night asked If they delivered, they said sure, and then called me back yelling into the phone that this was the last time, they had to pull a cook off to deliver my pizza. Wow. First of all, I asked. Second of all, I'm a costumer, don't yell at me about your staffing issues. And third, don't call my phone getting snotty with me because of your mistake. I will never eat there again. And I have never had another restaurant I have ever said that about.

3  Thank Smrtgrl821
Reviewed February 6, 2011

valpos best kept secret!!!!!!! greeks brings me back to my childhood growing up in the burrows of north jersey....the days when my dad would take me with him to the neighborhood bar and set me down infront of the pac man machine with a handfull of change...lol....and a HUGE slice of jerseys best while he had a drink with the boys... cant believe it took me this long to find out about this place....the owner is very humble...he knows his product as well as his guests and thats half of what makes a great pizza joint....the othwer half is the pizza ... and he has the best outside of jersey! im a customer for life ..... great job!

Reviewed April 30, 2009

I've always heard about how good this place was since I moved to Valparaiso. Well, I shouldn't have believed the hype. First off, the service is terrible. You seat yourself and look over the menu and wait...and wait...and wait...only to realize that you have to walk up to a counter in the center of the restaurant to order your food and drinks. One positive note is they have a very good bottled beer selection including many tasty American craft brews. The time between the order and receiving the food is excessively long. The pizza was pretty average, well weak for an independent place, sad to say but Papa John's is better. For the quality of food it is not a stretch to say that it is a bit overpriced. Also the staff was really rude. If you want a good pizzeria experience with a staff that is friendly and phenomenal pizza go to Gelsesomo's Pizza up the road a bit. In conclusion, avoid Greek's unless you are just looking for a decent beer and some bread sticks.

1  Thank VincentVega09