“Authentic Mexican Place”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner
“Authentic Mexican Place”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Many local hispanics eat here. Prices are very good and it feels like you are in a Mexican restaurant in Mexico.

Spokane, Washington
“Fast-food Mexican”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We tried this place on recommendations from TripAdvisor. It wasn't terrible, but it sure wasn't good. The waiter was pretty gruff ... example: I ordered a dinner with one taco and one enchilada. When I asked for a beef taco and a chicken enchilada (which I've done at every Mexican place I've ever eaten at), he growled "one meat per plate!" Um ... okay.

They give one small basket of chips/salsa when you sit down, but don't refill it (it went quick with four hungry people!). Also, I thought I read here that they have great margaritas. Well they don't have any margaritas anymore.

I was expecting it to be more like a restaurant, but this definitely has more of a Taco Bell feel than a sit-down place. If I'd known what I was suggesting to our party, I may not have selected this restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank SushiFoodie
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Carrying...where are the taco chips”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stopped for carry out. Fast service, great service. Very crowded during lunchtime, but always great service. Menu is the same, however, no chips on carry out, unless this was a mind lapse. Anyway the food remains authentic Mexican. Very good.

“Take the "trip"”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

On a fair weather day this place makes me feel like I'm in Mexico.
El Amigo has true grit. No other Mexican restaurant in Valpo competes with its' authenticity. The best Mexican restaurant deal in town and affordable on any budget.

• Visited September 2010
“AMAZING FOOD, STAFF,& GREAT PRICES!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My family & I have been going to el amigo for years!! Their food has always been delicious and staff has always been very friendly! Their burrito suizos are to die for & so.are the enchiladas!! The best thing is that its all very authentic & very reasonably priced! I've never had a problem there.

2 Thank jauu1