“Top notch Restaurant & Service.”

Restaurante don Quijote
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurante don Quijote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 159 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Michigan Ave.
Description: Don Quijote Restaurant, the heart of Spain in the heart of Valparaiso. We have been ahead of the "Tapas" trend for the last 26 years!! Serving Spanish cuisine since 1985 and featuring over two dozen different tapas, including, Octopus, Galician style meat pastries and the traditional "Tortilla Espanola", Spanish potato omelet. Our menu doesn"t stop there,but goes on to feature an array of tantalizing entrees, from fresh seafood, like Swordfish and Salmon to succulent Castilian style roast Lamb. The food is sure to please and fortify any traveler who might be roming the countryside. The National dish of Spain is the Paella, and we offer four different versions: Marinera, Vegetarian, Black and Valenciana. Delicious Homemade desserts round out our extensive menu. Our decor, complete with street lamps an a fountain, will transport you, to any out door cafe in Spain. "INDIANA'S ONLY SPANISH RESTAURANT"
Paulding, Ohio
“Top notch Restaurant & Service.”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

ate here with the wife on Sat. Oct. 26th, 2013. we had the combo appetizer to start with then the Paella - which was well worth the wait. Sangria was mighty tasty! finished it off with a shot of port - which was awesome. The owner even took time out of her day off on sunday just to meet us there to retrieve a jacket that my wife left there accidentally the night before - not too many out there would be willing to provide that level of service! we loved it and highly recommend it. food was awesome & atmosphere very authentic! don't judge this place by the look outside - come inside - dine - enjoy! only sorry we left before the live entertainment started!!

• Visited October 2013

Schererville, Indiana, United States
“Authentic”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

After visiting Spain this summer, my husband and I couldn't wait to go back to Don Quiote to have some more fabulous food from Spain. It is definitely authentic and fabulous. Not to mention, the genuine warmth of Carlos, the owner and chef, and his business partner Alena. It's an experience in itself. They are both so generous, always bringing a complimentary appetizer, etc. The staff is warm and elegant. My favorite is the paella and the alioli (garlic mayo) that they bring with the bread. Don't miss looking through the window next door at the gift shop and if you see something in there on off hours, they will let you go in. Sometimes, there's music, sometimes, flamenco dancers, - I can go on and on, but the one thing that sticks out in mind the most is that you feel like you've had a wonderful dining experience, not a rushed meal. Have desert! - yum!

• Visited September 2013
Hobart, Indiana
“A Bit of Spain in Indiana!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Enjoyed a fantastic dinner with two staff members last evening. It was my third time at this fine dining establishment, and their first. They were "very impressed". Wait staff gracious, ambiance suitable to the theme, food---extraordinary. Our server, Jessica, explained everything to the newbies. She was very prompt in service and just a "pleasing personality" all around. Pitcher of homemade Sangria came first, then a delicious appetizer. We all ordered different items so as to sample the variety. Their crab stuffed flounder was to die for. First time I've had Swordfish and it was grilled to perfection! The filet mignon on the other guest's plate was done perfectly. Vegetables were prepared mediteranean style. All entries featured their famous olive oil/garlic preparation plan. The owner/chef was gracious and greeted everyone in the establishment.

This is a very quaint establishment located on Main Street in downtown Valparaiso. When you enter you are greeted by authenticity and table settings in white and red. Flamenco dancing and entertainment are featured on weekends.

My guests were very happy with their dining experience and so was I. Put this on your list...you won't be disappointed.

Mary M.
Hobart, IN

• Visited September 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

For several years I have seen the billboard advertising this restaurant when traveling through the area and my husband went to Spain as an exchange student so we thought it was time to try it out when we were going home from Wisconsin to Ft Wayne IN. We were completely disappointed. We decided to share a dish as it was so expensive and we were not super hungry. I saw trout on the menu which I love so ordered it and asked for saffron rice instead of potatoes. The appetizer was pretty good--vegetable in a light vinaigrette, I could taste some spices in it. But then got the main course--the fish was very old, and the rice tasted like boxed white rice with a bit of old paprika on it--no saffron that I could taste! They did apologize about the fish and soon brought us a different fish --it was simply grilled and it was fresh but really I could have grilled fish at home! I expected some traditional spices. And they brought potatoes which were bland also--just a bit of paprika on them. The mixed vegetables were partly good and partly bad--the seasoning was a bit better than the fish and potatoes but there were a couple of green beans that tasted spoiled. And there were not enough vegetables to count as a serving. My husband had been excited to try flan but after the main course decided to skip that expensive dessert as we were afraid it would also be poorly made. Maybe it was an off night as I see other good reviews but I am not taking a chance with trying it again!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank debrahr
Midwest
“Very good”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This restaurant has been a favorite of mine since it opened. First, there is a menu of both tapas and main courses to choose from. Tapas is their thing, so I'm not sure what one other reviewer meant by there were no tapas. The tapas are very good and varied - some with potato, some with vegetables and some with meat. There is much to choose from but after coming here for so long, we have our favorites. The sangria is made by hand and is delicious. As many may know, to make sangria, one needs to start with wine and then built from there. The sangria has fruit in it and some spices. Very good and very inexpensive. The gazpacho is wonderful. Each table gets some nice little amuse bouche or two to nibble on before ordering. We have had many dishes here and have never had a complaint about any. The service for us has always been outstanding with the servers going above and beyond. Usually, the co-owner is there to greet people as they come in and the other co-owner is almost always in the kitchen making dishes that are indigenous to his country. I also know much of the fresh vegetables he uses come from his own garden. This shouldn't be confused with Mexican food. This is the food from Spain.

• Visited June 2013