“Unique food made fresh”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2011

If you want food that is colorful, tasty, fresh and delicious, you will appreciate the food at Billy Jacks. There are many choices to fit different tastes. Portion sizes are just right and the atmosphere is cozy. There's a bar attached if you prefer more of a pub atmosphere.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stopped at Billy Jack's on a visit to Valpo University. I had read about it on Trip Advisor. The restaurant had only a few tables full but the bar area looked busier. We sat on the restaurant side and it took a long time to get someone to stop at our table and then they only brought water and didn't take a drink order because she was in a hurry. We placed our food order when she returned. The people at the table next to us had to return their soup because it was cold. We had the chicken chili, quesedilla and a chicken pasta dish. We had to ask for bread, and it was only brought once the pasta came....and they gave us no butter or olive oil. We thought the food had a little more of a gourmet flair but because of the poor service I was glad we didn't order anything more complicated. For the price, they need to up their service level.

1  Thank missmollyd
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We went here with my wife, two kids, and my mom. The bread they bring outta the beginning was very good. It went down hill from there. My wife got crab cakes and they had a very fishy taste. The rest of the food was just average. We had a restaurant.com coupon and I still feel like I paid too much. Much better restaurants elsewhere.

1  Thank Abschnick
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Great food, chefs specials, service, and homey atmosphere. Out of way location on strip mall, but the atmosphere is great, very good beer selection. Give this a try you will be pleased.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

We had a group of 15 from NYC to to Cali - no one had a complaint (even the 4 year old) - service was wonderful, food was wonderful. I have lived all over the country, and this place is one of my favorites. The storefront leaves a bit to be desired, but don't let it deter you from the wide menu variety, and service capability. LA and the new manager are wonderful for the service.