“BEST steaks EVER”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We live not far from Valparaiso, and celebrate MOST of our "big" events with dinner out at Kelsey's. They have THE most tender, and delicious Filet Mignon I have ever eaten. They have excellent french onion soup, and the bread they serve with the soup/salad is quite tasty. They set the standard for steaks in my opinion.

The location is good, seating areas can be loud because they are usually very busy, they offer a nice selection in their bar as well. It's not often that we have "room" for dessert, but that is an area they could work on a bit. Not that it's bad, but the selection is a bit lacking.

Overall, when I think of somewhere nice I'd like to go for dinner Kelsey's is my first choice.

1  Thank Lisa B

Reviewed February 9, 2014

All in all, I don't have a lot of good or bad things to say about the restaurant. I have been to probably several dozen steak houses, this was nothing special.

I had their "famous" prime rib, with a side of skewer shrimp. Steak was cooked to my liking, but came sitting in a plate full of aujour, instead of it being provided on the side. The shrimp was covered in a garlic butter type sauce and laid ontop of the steak, which then cause the steak to taste like garlic butter. Steak had no seasoning on the edge, so I'm not sure what made this "famous".

All in all not a bad experience, just not a great one either.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Kelsey's is our favorite restaurant in the area and definitely has the best steaks of anywhere we've been. The charcoal grill really makes a difference. Their salads and bread are also excellent. Never had a bad meal here. The Kelsey Chocolate Cow for dessert is to die for.

2  Thank Rik I
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Kelsey's Steak House in Valparaiso is always a great place for us to go and enjoy beef in a variety of forms. Filet tips, flat iron steak, prime rib, and other cuts are all complementary to Kelsey's steak menu. This is an affordable way to get great tasting beef that is carefully aged for 21 days. The menu has fish, pork, and other meats, but at least one person in your party must try the beef.

1  Thank Roger L
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had never been to this place and were in the need of a good steak. All of our steaks were properly cooked, had good flavor and the service was attentive and friendly. Meals were reasonably priced.

1  Thank HonestReviews4U31