“O'k steaks”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Portland, Maine
“O'k steaks”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had dinner last week with two other business associates. Got seated immediately around 6:30. Service was o'k but the waitress would say she would get something then disappear for 5 minutes plus and not to be seen. Had 3 different steaks, theft were good but not the level of Outback (which isn't as good as it used to be). Served a big bowl of salad like at Olive Garden. Loaf of bread was best part of meal. Overall, b
O'k to good. Strawberry shortcake dessert though big did not have much flavor. Would return cause there aren't too many options in town.

1 Thank MAC1900

Hobart, Indiana
“Happy Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

On January 25, 2013 had the opportunity to dine at Kelsey's in honor of my husband's birthday.
We have been here before however, have never written a review. In one word...EXCELLENT!
Service was very good, our server pointed out specials and was very accommodating. Drinks were great but the food was OUTSTANDING. My husband had the Filet Mignon Tips and I enjoyed the grilled wild salmon. Since it was his birthday, he was treated to a "complimentary" dessert. This restaurant is perfect for "any occasion" and is highly recommended for all to try. They do have "early bird choices" which are a real great value.

Mary M.
Hobart IN

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mary M
Gary, Indiana, United States
“Just hope your steak is cooked right.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

It seems as though its a 50/50 chance of a good experience. If you go at the right time, it will be good. Very expensive drinks though. I do reccomend the sauteed mushrooms on any steak.

Chicago, Illinois
“Soo Glad We Gave It One More Chance!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been patrons of Kelseys(in Valpo and Portage) for many years. Seven years ago we moved east of Valpo and have probably visited Kelseys in Valpo about two -three times a year. The last two times we have been greatly disappointed with the quality of the food. Last week, on a whim, my hubby pulled into the parking lot and suggested that we give it one more try. I must admit I was reluctant because Kelsey's is not cheap. I agreed, reluctantly.

We arrived at 8:30 and realized it closes at 9 p.m. during the week. We were immediately greeted and seated in the lounge. Our waiter arrived quickly, took our drink orders, while we looked over the menus. I soon realized that the prices had increased but so has the price of everything. We asked a few questions and never felt rushed.

The salad bowl was very fresh and replenished at my husband's request. I had the creamy garlic dressing(house) and loved it. The bread was amazing! Hubby had prime rib and proclaimed it to be the best prime rib he has ever eaten and believe me, has eaten a TON of prime rib from all over the country! I had the medallions and , yes, they are as tender and delicous as other reviews have claimed. I also had the red potatoes, prepared with butter, little bit of onion and green pepper. They were very good but I would prefer a little less butter. We did not have dessert but Kelsey's has a delicous chocolate cake which I will indulge in again on another trip back. Overall, I must say that we were very pleased with both the service and quality of food. We will definitely go back soon!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank cbringdrvr
Wanatah, IN
“More than just steak!”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Have eaten here several times. Steak tips are wonderful, but the French Onion Soup and the Strawberry Spinach Salad is what keeps my husband and I coming back for more! Excellent service and atmosphere.

Visited October 2012