“Good food with low prices”

Round The Clock Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 162 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I had four meals there last week and was impressed with the quanity and quality of each dish. Very tasty and a good variety. The only drawback was that the servers had to constantly run back and forth to the kitchen for their food orders, and when they weren't running the manager had them wrapping up silverware in paper napkins for 15-20 minutes at a time. This decreased customer service greatly and it also clearly fostered a bad attitude among the servers. However, I would certainly go back again because I enjoyed the cooking.

Reviewed February 23, 2010

I went, with a friend, to Round the Clock restaurant today based on the fact that we had a bogo coupon. When we got there we realized that the coupon could only be honored after 2pm and it was 1pm at the time. Before we decided to go somewhere else we asked the server if they would honor the coupon. She said it wouldn't be a problem so we stayed.Cut to us getting our food. I ordered the Scarsdale chicken and my friend a cobb salad. Right off the bat my friend discovered someoen else's hair on her dish....eeew. She decided to just get past it and pick the hair out and not complain. A little later I bit into part of the hardboiled egg that comes with my dish and lo-and behold the underside is covered in eggshell! I HATE biting into eggshell. I had to actually spit the egg into my napkin, which I cannot stand to do as I have impeccable table manners. Again we decided to let it pass.At the end of the meal we approached the counter and the hostess refused to honor our coupon. We explained that we'd asked the server and she had told us she would honor it. No deal. All she said was that she would have to reprimand the server for it later. No bogo. Bad business. And guess what, instead of pressing the issue with her I came on here to write a review. I also won't be back OR fail to mention the incident to anyone who will listen. If saving a few bucks is worth losing customers, good luck to you RTC!

1  Thank Pantz53
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 15, 2008

not very many vegetarian picks

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 4, 2004

I grew up in Valparaiso, and remember many, many Sunday-after-church meals at Round the Clock. The food is good, hot, and plentiful. The servers are friendly. The price is reasonable. I always try to visit when I'm home.

2  Thank Amy413