“Good Stop On The Path of Life”
Review of Stacks Bar & Grill

Stacks Bar & Grill
Ranked #2 of 162 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Anytime we have trouble figuring out where to eat we end up at Stacks.Its always been good,the service excellent.Nice to the place and one of few downtown Valpo restaurants not overpriced.Good veggie options but wish they had more.

2  Thank hemingwayscantina45

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I chose Stacks Bar and Grill to eat dinner tonight, and I experienced well prepared food and quality service. What I did not experience was quality treatment of employees. I witnessed an employee clearly asking for simple direction, and the manager in charge wanted nothing to do with it. The way he treated this said employee made me never want to support and/or go back to the restaurant I have been going to for years. I have many years in the food service industry and this was not the way to treat an employee. His actions have made me bitter towards an establishment which I thoroughly enjoyed. I only hope this restaurant attains new management or the current person in charge learns how to treat his employees.

6  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Great food and great prices! Definitely will be back! Our server and bartender were extremely nice! We sat inside because of the weather but the outside is really cute!

Reviewed June 20, 2014

We went here based on a recommendation of a Valpo student when we were there for a college visit. Wonderful place but you have to look for it -- it's got an entrance from behind the restaurant unlike most other restaurants on the main "drag". Mango martini was fabulous, mind blowing beer selection, and really good food. This will be a staple place we visit when in Valpo!

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

This place is so cute inside with the walls lined with stacks of books (hence the name!) The beer, cider, and wine selections were interesting. Loved the sweet potato tots. Main courses of salmon and stuffed chicken were delicious. Would have given them a five but a little too heavy on the salt. Would come again, eat on the patio, and bring friends!