“Great food, awful service!”
Review of Tommy B's

Tommy B's
Ranked #107 of 159 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great food, awful service!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I came here a few days ago with a couple friends, and we got sat right away no issues. The hostess seemed to be our server as well. She talked so quietly we could barely hear a word she said. It took her literally 20 minutes to bring out my friends sangria! But let me tell you, the drink was amazing! Our beers came out flat as can be. She took a half hour to get our order, and we saw her take an order for people that came in 10 minutes after us! Anyways, we waited forever for our food, but when we got it.. wow! It was fantastic! I

• Visited October 2013

South Bend, Indiana
“Great environment and food”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Ate lunch there yesterday and it was great! The grilled chicken and salad were excellent. It's a bit pricey so maybe a good place to eat once in a while.

• Visited October 2013
LaPorte, Indiana
“Great new steakhouse in Valpo!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Had dinner at Tommy B's with a girlfriend last evening. We split a sushi roll and enjoyed the $5 martini special before being served perfectly prepared ribeye and filet. Our server, Jason, was friendly and attentive. Tables are well-spaced, and even with nearby diners we also felt like we had privacy. Near the front windows by the bar is a great seating area to sit and enjoy a drink without needing to have a table. A great addition to downtown Valpo!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Michelle S
Crown Point, Indiana, USA
“Fine Food at Favorable Prices”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Located on the square across from the historic courthouse in downtown Valparaiso, Chef Carl at TOMMY B'S, is responsible for constantly providing some of the finest cuisine I have tasted in NW Indiana. One night I was served the absolute best-tasting Walleye I have had in the last 20 years.Another occasion I had an 8 oz filet mignon , Pittsburgh style/medium rare, and without hesitation the server knew exactly what I wanted when I ordered, and the filet came out perfectly done. The atmosphere is conducive for romantic candle-light dinners as well as sushi and lighter fare outside or in the lounge area...The servers were friendly, warm and efficient..and the wine list affordable ....and lastly, one of the few places in NW Indiana offering B&B as an after dinner drink. I highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited July 2013
Naples, Florida
“Decent prices - autrocious service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

On a Sunday we got together with old friends from Valpo and decided to try one off the new reaturants in the downtown area. I was pleased with the menu and general atmosphere but the service was atrocious. We waited a long time to be served our drinks. Follow up orders never got delivered. It was very difficult to flag any server down. Near the end of the evening I thought they were having a dish throwing contest as they were busing tables. To add additional insult to our visit was a mandatory 20% gratuity on the bill for a party of six. As we left we discovered the cause of the poor service - our waitress was chating and spending time with her friends in the bar.

• Visited August 2013