“Excellent food”
Review of Burger Haus

Burger Haus
Ranked #8 of 167 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The burgers were excellent - we tried The Grenada and The Cozumel (which I highly recommend). French fries were crispy and hot. Medium-rare burger was cooked properly and full of flavor.

We also tried the fried pickle appetizer - for $7, you get a heaping pile of fried pickles in a bowl. That in itself was probably a meal for two.

They are not terribly expensive - $11 for the Cozumel and $14 for The Grenada.

The interior is nicely done with a brick facade and dark wood, but it still has a casual feel. One of the better meals that I have had in Valparaiso, and I would go there again.

1  Thank cataclysmblack

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have visited this restaurant several times and the food is always great. The burgers can get a little messy to eat but they are superb! Don't let that stop you. The bruscetta is amazing! Fresh mozzarella used. The ambiance is great. Exposed brick walls and dark wood. Small bar if you need to kill some time. And Micah has been my waitor several times and is wonderful! He gives great suggestions and is just super friendly and personable.

1  Thank sissy452
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have reviewed b4 and decided to give Burgerhaus another chance.Actually we gave it 2 more chances but both times they were not serving when we arrived.[8 oclock!}My daughter said this happened to her also.So..we didnt get to eat.It appears the mgt doesnt want to put any extra time into taking care of its customers unless you go between ,say,4 AND 4 01 PM!GOOD POTENTIAL.Post your hours and take care of your customers!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Went with out-of-town guests for burgers. Very tasty. Coleslaw was so-so. Our waiter, Francisco, was very attentive. Will be back.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

If you are looking for a cheap burger this is NOT the place for you. If you are looking for a good burger, served hot with a variety of different toppings on an above average bun in a fun yet simple & clean environment with great service, then you have found the right place. Very nice atmosphere, didn't have stuff all over the walls like some of the chains do and didn't feel like a diner either; just rather clean & simple. The service was great from the person who seated you right on down the line. They have an assortment of burgers with all kinds of different toppings & flavors. This was my first time there so I started with their regular burger, it was very good. The brioche buns are a nice change, lettuce & tomatoes were fresh, burger was hot, what's not to like? I liked the way they serve their fries, in little individual fry baskets. I will definitely be back a few more times to try the other flavors.

1  Thank Kris C

Been to Burger Haus? Share your experiences!