“Great food, great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Cabana
Ranked #15 of 154 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
South Bend, Indiana
“Great food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Went on Mother's Day for dinner. I have two young children, and the chips and salsa always keep them entertained until the food arrives. Our waiter was handling a rather large section, but you would have never known it. He was prompt, quick with the order, drinks, and food. Refills were done before I noticed I was ready. He had our food boxed and bill ready quick (the kids were ready to go). The food was, as usual, wonderful. I even tried something new. The waiter warned me it was spicy, it was, but I had been warned (and I loved it), but thankful for the service to warn me! He brought me a rose for Mother's Day, which was a nice touch. Clean, friendly, great service, and good food and drinks! Will be back again and again.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank allenpartyof4

Valparaiso, Indiana
“This is an up and coming place to be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We've visited quite a few times now since they opened and they get better and better every time. Our waitress Vanessa was excellent! We never went without anything but she wasn't bugging us either. The food was fantastic and the chips are perfect. Nice cold beer too.

Visited May 2013
Hebron,IN
“Try the fried ice cream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We live about 10 miles from this restaurant, and decided to stop for lunch a few weeks ago. We were running errands in the area, so the timing was just right. I don't eat meat, so I had the Tostadas with beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream on top. Served with rice and beans on the side. Great choice! We have been back several times since then and I have had the same meal each time because it was so good. My husband had the Steak and he said it was very Good and flavorful. You get complimentary chips and Salsa dip, also very good.

The restaurant is very clean(very important to us), the staff is very friendly, and we have had speedy service each time. Plenty of parking too, which is nice.

We tried the fried ice cream and it was delicious! It is served in a Tortilla shell, with honey poured over the ice cream, which has a nice crusty shell, plenty of whipped cream on top, and colorful sugar sprinkles to make it look very festive. Wonderful and fun to eat! Great Birthday dessert.

We would definitely recommend this restaurant to our friends.

Visited March 2013
Chesterton, Indiana
“A good choice for mexican.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

An old Burger King turned into a Mexican restaurant - then redone - right. This place has great food, enormous portions and friendly staff. Try some of the pork and feel like you are eating at a friend's home. Great quality and service in a local place. Nice bar menu as well. HUGE margaritas and all sorts of beers.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank WorldlyTravelersIN
Valparaiso, Indiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had a seafood chimmichanga and it was awesome! The place was very clean and the service was great. I really liked my food. My husband had a steak quesadilla, which he enjoyed also. It was very authentic.

• Visited September 2012